Cook County ASA Class of 2020 Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Cook County ASA Class of 2020

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:35 pm

I wanted to start a thread for the Cook County Assistant State's Attorney Class of 2020. I hope this thread will be a great place to discuss anything and everything related to the office!

Anonymous User

Re: Cook County ASA Class of 2020

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:32 pm

Here is a little bit about how my interview process went. Btw I am an out-of-state applicant.

My first interview was through OCI at my school in October. My second interview was in Chicago with 3 deputy supervisors in mid-January. My third interview was in Chicago as well with Kim Foxx's Chief of Staff and the Director of Legal Hiring in early-March. I received a call offering me the position a week after my third interview. I accepted over the phone but no official offer letter yet.

What was everyone else's experience like?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 16, 2020 4:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Here is a little bit about how my interview process went. Btw I am an out-of-state applicant.

My first interview was through OCI at my school in October. My second interview was in Chicago with 3 deputy supervisors in mid-January. My third interview was in Chicago as well with Kim Foxx's Chief of Staff and the Director of Legal Hiring in early-March. I received a call offering me the position a week after my third interview. I accepted over the phone but no official offer letter yet.

What was everyone else's experience like?
I had the exact same experience in the previous year (not this year). I ultimately took a different job though.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:34 pm

I might be interested in applying next year. Would you mind sharing your stats? Did you have ties to Cooke County?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:38 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I might be interested in applying next year. Would you mind sharing your stats? Did you have ties to Cooke County?
Out of state applicant, 3.2 GPA, moot court, varied work experience (judicial clerkship, defense firm, plaintiff's firm). I think the reason I got the job is because I was able to articulate why I wanted to do public interest work. In each of my interviews, I was asked why I wanted to be a prosecutor given that I don't have experience working at a prosecutor's office and I had a good answer for that and the courses I took in school backed it up.

Also, no ties to Cook County. But, I did work in Chicago during my 2L summer and i'm originally from a big city that is similar to Chicago so I was able to give a solid answer for why I want to practice in Chicago.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:30 pm

I posted earlier in this thread that I received an offer from Cook County. Just heard today that they are deferred our start dates from August 31, 2020 to December 7, 2020. Absolutely gutted by this news. Any others in the same situation?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”