USAO Intern Drug Testing Questions Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

USAO Intern Drug Testing Questions

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:42 pm

Hey all, I’ve read some of the prior topics similar to this already, but had a few specific questions that I didn’t see answers to.

So I know that some USAO offices drug test summer interns, some don’t. My question is, for anyone that has experience or knows of another’s experience, was the drug test a urine test or a hair test? And if a urine test, what was the monitoring situation like?

Yes I get that I shouldn’t smoke pot if I want to work for the US Attorney, but for now just having these questions answered would be of huge assistance to me. Thanks!

Anonymous User

Re: USAO Intern Drug Testing Questions

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:43 pm

Pee and I have no idea what the "monitoring" situation is but seriously don't try to beat a USAO drug test. Holy shit.

lavarman84

Platinum

Post by lavarman84 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:35 pm

Just stop using pot (and/or other illegal drugs) until after you take the test.

nixy

Gold

Post by nixy » Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:55 pm

lavarman84 wrote:Just stop using pot (and/or other illegal drugs) until after you take the test.
Assuming the test is far enough out for the weed to clear their system.

But of course they'll have to admit to the drug use for the background check anyway.

LSATWiz.com

Silver

Post by LSATWiz.com » Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:18 am

If you were to get caught trying to cheat the test, your odds of passing C&F are in serious jeopardy. They'd assume you're an addict and further assume you are a cheater. If this is a serious consideration, just apply to jobs that don't drug test.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”