San Diego AUSA vs. ADA Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
ohsaycanyousee

New

San Diego AUSA vs. ADA

Post by ohsaycanyousee » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:02 pm

Anyone have any intel on this office and in particular, the criminal division? Only thread indicates the majority of cases are drug/immigration related. Interested in office culture and how competitive those jobs are. Also interested in general thoughts about choosing a SD ADA position vs an SD AUSA position- if you had a choice, what would you choose?

Anonymous User

Re: San Diego AUSA vs. ADA

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:26 pm

Anon b/c I know people who work in the SD office of the USAO. Very high volume, overwhelmingly drug/immigration crime. I think historically (but certainly right now under their current USA) very aggressive about charging and going to trial. My impression is that some people love the culture, others not so much. It's a pretty big office so like with a big firm, a lot will probably depend on who you work with most.

(Can't really comment on competitiveness, or comparison with the SD ADA.)

ohsaycanyousee

New

Re: San Diego AUSA vs. ADA

Post by ohsaycanyousee » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:16 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Anon b/c I know people who work in the SD office of the USAO. Very high volume, overwhelmingly drug/immigration crime. I think historically (but certainly right now under their current USA) very aggressive about charging and going to trial. My impression is that some people love the culture, others not so much. It's a pretty big office so like with a big firm, a lot will probably depend on who you work with most.

(Can't really comment on competitiveness, or comparison with the SD ADA.)
Thanks Anon!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”