DOJ SLIP (Summer Law Intern Program) 2019-2020 Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
vtr2019

New

DOJ SLIP (Summer Law Intern Program) 2019-2020

Post by vtr2019 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:09 pm

Use this thread to discuss the DOJ SLIP Program 2019-2020 hiring cycle. Application status, interviews, acceptances, etc.

Anonymous User

Re: DOJ SLIP 2013

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:52 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
gdane wrote: I would guess that the components are taking longer to review the extra vet applications that they have for the Honors Program and this in turn is delaying SLIP.
Hey, I'm the one who had three offers. I'm a vet, but I don't think that's why I heard back so quickly. I had interviews with all three components and it sounded like I was competing with other interviewers.
What do you think explains the fact that you've heard back while the rest of us are in limbo, if not your veteran status?
I was under the impression that other people have been hearing back at the same time as me. I ended up having four offers through DOJ SLIP. I turned two down, accepted one, and I am still deciding on the prospect of a split summer with the fourth. I didn't think being a vet really did anything to help me because I didn't claim veteran's preference. The only thing I had to do that was extra was fax my DD-214 when I found out my application was under additional consideration at each of the components to which I applied.
Hi - I know it's been a few years since this post, but I am in a similar situation (a vet with SLIP offers) and wondering how your career panned out. Did your end up working in a permanent position for the government, and if so did the SLIP experience help in the selection.

Anonymous User

Re: DOJ SLIP (Summer Law Intern Program) 2019-2020

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:57 am

vtr2019 wrote:Use this thread to discuss the DOJ SLIP Program 2019-2020 hiring cycle. Application status, interviews, acceptances, etc.
My avue status changed to finalist yesterday, and the selected component section is blank now. Previously, the status said "selected for employment consideration."

P_Gaugin_does_law

New

Re: DOJ SLIP (Summer Law Intern Program) 2019-2020

Post by P_Gaugin_does_law » Tue Jan 07, 2020 12:10 pm

anyone hear back (either way, rejected/accepted) from the component they interviewed with? My status still shows as "under consideration for employment."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”