Fellowships 2019-2020 (Skadden/EJW, etc.) Forum

(Issue areas, International Law, International Public Interest, Public Service in the private sector, Non-Profits, Public Interest Organizations, Government/ government agencies, employment settings)
Anonymous User

Re: Fellowships 2019-2020 (Skadden/EJW, etc.)

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:52 pm

Interviews are happening for EJW now. It's a small percentage of the applicant group. It's rolling and goes into the spring.

Any IJC applicants here? I heard their interviews happened earlier this month, and that offers either started going out or will go out next week.
Last edited by Anonymous User on Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:12 pm

Anonymous User wrote:Interviews are happening for EJW now. It's a small percentage of the applicant group. It's rolling and goes into the spring.

Any IJC applicants here? I heard their interviews happened earlier this month, and that offers either started going out and will go out next week.
Now...as in today? I was holding out hope that they hadn't sent any invites out yet and that I would be in the first group :lol: This process is already so stressful, I can't imagine waiting until the spring.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:Interviews are happening for EJW now. It's a small percentage of the applicant group. It's rolling and goes into the spring.

Any IJC applicants here? I heard their interviews happened earlier this month, and that offers either started going out and will go out next week.
Now...as in today? I was holding out hope that they hadn't sent any invites out yet and that I would be in the first group :lol: This process is already so stressful, I can't imagine waiting until the spring.
Yeah, as in today. It seems the first offers will go out next week (I don't think there's been offers yet). As another anon said before, I would imagine the next round of interviews will be next week. It's stressful. Hang in there!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Yeah, as in today. It seems the first offers will go out next week (I don't think there's been offers yet). As another anon said before, I would imagine the next round of interviews will be next week. It's stressful. Hang in there!

Thanks for the info! Do you know how much notice the people interviewing today got?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:14 pm

In response to EJW's email I told them about other job interviews I've done recently and my expectations on when I would hear back from those places. They told me that my application "is likely to be considered by at least one sponsor in the next few weeks," and asked me to update them if I get any movement on other applications. Not sure exactly how to interpret that, but it's helpful (and hopefully prompts them to move more quickly). If you have something like that to leverage it might be worth reaching out.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:03 pm

Anonymous User wrote: Thanks for the info! Do you know how much notice the people interviewing today got?
About one week.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:49 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote: Thanks for the info! Do you know how much notice the people interviewing today got?
About one week.
I’m assuming you had an interview today—I hope it went well! Did your sponsor provide travel/lodging or did you do it out of pocket?

giras0l

New

Post by giras0l » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:45 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:

Finalists notifications went out today. So, unfortunately, if you didn't interview you won't be moving forward :/

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:00 pm

Dinged from IJC. Congrats to all the finalists!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:27 pm

Any updates with EJW? For those who have had interviews or have one scheduled, can you say what state your project is in?

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:26 am

Have any EJW fellows been selected yet? Congrats to the Skadden fellows!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:23 pm

I unfortunately haven't been able to get anything yet. There's been a lot of movement for interviews though, and I'm sure there are selections already (congratulations if so!).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:58 pm

Anonymous User wrote:I unfortunately haven't been able to get anything yet. There's been a lot of movement for interviews though, and I'm sure there are selections already (congratulations if so!).

Same. As someone who struggles with bad anxiety, this waiting game is honestly unhealthy for me. My friend who is a current fellow didn’t get her offer until mid-May, which sounds like torture. I emailed to try to get a personalized update, but no response. Congrats to those who have interviewed so far! Any idea what states the project have been from?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mjm1315

New

Post by mjm1315 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 7:35 pm

For those checking this thread next cycle to see how things went, as of 12/17/19, 20 fellows have been selected and over 80 people have interviewed.

Good luck to every riding this out!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:03 am

EJW is still matching funders with fellow candidates in March. Best of luck to everyone still in the process. Huge congrats to everyone who got offers and will be fellows in the fall!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Public Interest & Government”