More BigLaw TikTok drama! Forum

(Advantages vs Disadvantages, Big Law, Work-Life Balance, Hiring Practices, Company Culture, Hours and Compensation, Private Sector Firm Reviews & Experiences)
Anonymous User

Re: More BigLaw TikTok drama!

Post by Anonymous User » Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:03 am

TikTok girl has been on vacation this past week or so. Love getting the OOO message preview.

FYI the newly updated employee handbook has a new snippet on TikTok.

Tx878

Bronze

Post by Tx878 » Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:09 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:03 am
TikTok girl has been on vacation this past week or so. Love getting the OOO message preview.

FYI the newly updated employee handbook has a new snippet on TikTok.
How on earth does she take so many vacations? I am a third year, same as her, and have gone on one. Not intended as a criticism. Just jealous.

LegalPigeon

New

Post by LegalPigeon » Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:51 pm

MergerQueen wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:34 pm
Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:25 pm
During a SA lunch at my V10 a midlevel went on a legit 15 minute rant on how stupid and antithetical to the entire business model associates trying to become influencers and capitalizing on their BigLaw experience was. I cannot imagine this is the best choice for her career. Hopefully TikTok works out.
It's frightening to imagine the future of BigLaw as Gen Zers climb the firm ranks...
I don't think it's frightening, I think it's amazing. I'm wholly looking forward to GenZ flipping big law on its head. This entire industry is crusty and stale like a five year old saltine left in a couch cushion. I am thrilled at the idea of old white men making millions being terrified of young brown women posting a TikTok. It can't happen soon enough.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:26 pm

LegalPigeon wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:51 pm
MergerQueen wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
During a SA lunch at my V10 a midlevel went on a legit 15 minute rant on how stupid and antithetical to the entire business model associates trying to become influencers and capitalizing on their BigLaw experience was. I cannot imagine this is the best choice for her career. Hopefully TikTok works out.
It's frightening to imagine the future of BigLaw as Gen Zers climb the firm ranks...
I don't think it's frightening, I think it's amazing. I'm wholly looking forward to GenZ flipping big law on its head. This entire industry is crusty and stale like a five year old saltine left in a couch cushion. I am thrilled at the idea of old white men making millions being terrified of young brown women posting a TikTok. It can't happen soon enough.
I think they are annoyed, not “terrified,” of the young brown women posting about their work on a public social media forum.

LegalPigeon

New

Post by LegalPigeon » Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:04 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:26 pm
LegalPigeon wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:51 pm
MergerQueen wrote:
Anonymous User wrote:
I think they are annoyed, not “terrified,” of the young brown women posting about their work on a public social media forum.
I definitely think this type of stuff terrifies them, and that's why they don't allow it. They view it as a massive PR and client issue when it's actually not that big of a deal to anyone under 30. Soon enough they will realize we live in a different world now and the stodgy expectations of their generation and culture are foreign to the demographic that will inevitably fill their positions.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “Big Law/Private Practice Jobs”