PW DC v. W&C DC v. C&B DC Forum

(Discuss and share Interview tips, questions, dress code, resume/ cover letter/ LinkedIn suggestions, pre/ follow up procedures)

Which would you choose?

Poll ended at Tue Jul 25, 2023 9:21 am

Paul, Weiss DC
22%
Williams & Connolly
50%
Covington
22%
Results
6%

Total votes: 18

Anonymous User

PW DC v. W&C DC v. C&B DC

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 21, 2023 9:21 am

Interested in general litigation. Also interested in appellate. Each has wonderful appellate practices, so part of this is also a decision about size/face-time with partners.

Anonymous User

Re: PW DC v. W&C DC v. C&B DC

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:54 pm

If I knew I'd have an opportunity to work in each firm's appellate practice, then I'd pick PW without hesitation because, by all accounts, the PW appellate group is a very nice place to work. If I did not know that in advance, I'd pick W&C, because it is less of a closed appellate group and there is a higher likelihood at W&C that someone not handpicked by the head of the appellate group can still do some appellate work with the appellate group (and at least arguably the non-appellate litigation group at W&C is better than the non-appellate litigation group at PW).

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:19 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:54 pm
If I knew I'd have an opportunity to work in each firm's appellate practice, then I'd pick PW without hesitation because, by all accounts, the PW appellate group is a very nice place to work. If I did not know that in advance, I'd pick W&C, because it is less of a closed appellate group and there is a higher likelihood at W&C that someone not handpicked by the head of the appellate group can still do some appellate work with the appellate group (and at least arguably the non-appellate litigation group at W&C is better than the non-appellate litigation group at PW).
This is exactly what I'm thinking -- PW appellate seems to outweigh the perks of the other two. Of course, no naivete here about entry into appellate work.

charlesives95

New

Post by charlesives95 » Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:57 pm

I summered at one of these firms and have close friends at the others. Feel free to PM and we can chat about it more in depth.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:51 pm

Do you have a W&C offer already? I'm also considering PW and C&B but am not sure whether it's worth it to risk asking for an extension on either to interview with W&C in August.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:26 am

Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:51 pm
Do you have a W&C offer already? I'm also considering PW and C&B but am not sure whether it's worth it to risk asking for an extension on either to interview with W&C in August.
I was making the same considerations! I’ve had no problems with getting extensions, though — if you *know* you want to interview with W&C at OCI, those two will be happy to grant it.

Anonymous User

Post by Anonymous User » Sun Jul 30, 2023 2:07 pm

Anonymous User wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:26 am
Anonymous User wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:51 pm
I was making the same considerations! I’ve had no problems with getting extensions, though — if you *know* you want to interview with W&C at OCI, those two will be happy to grant it.
How long did you ask for an extension? I heard sometimes W&C doesn't give offers until late August

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “OCI”