OCI as T-6 Transfer Forum

(Discuss and share Interview tips, questions, dress code, resume/ cover letter/ LinkedIn suggestions, pre/ follow up procedures)
sawwhetowl81

New

OCI as T-6 Transfer

Post by sawwhetowl81 » Sat Jun 17, 2023 1:05 pm

Hi everyone!

CCN transfer here and curious about how I should approach pre-OCI/OCI bidding. I have a meeting scheduled with the student career center in two weeks, but I'm hoping to start applying ASAP. Are there firms that are known to being open/not to transfers? How are transfers viewed relative to the rest of the class?

Any tips from previous transfers or those with any knowledge would be super appreciated! Thanks in advance!

lshopeful17

New

Re: OCI as T-6 Transfer

Post by lshopeful17 » Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:31 pm

I was a CCN transfer as well. I actually had a couple offers before I transferred so I didn't do OCI on campus (I bid on only Wachtell and got a screener but declined...not sure if I regret it or saved myself lol).

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about firms being open or not to transfers. I don't think, as far as I know, there's a contingent of firms that are opposed to transfers. Clearly you have good grades which matters, and you were able to get into a target school, so you've got two things going. Shows you're a hard worker. View it as a plus and have a good reason for transferring if you're asked. They will obviously know why, but it's good to have a reasoned answer that's appropriate for an interview.

I would just apply pre-OCI and then for any firms you didn't get an interview, bid on them during OCI. All of my transfer friends had good firms -- many at DPW, STB, Milbank, PW, S&C, Weil, etc.

BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?)

Bronze

Re: OCI as T-6 Transfer

Post by BEng,MBA,FRM,JD(?) » Wed Jun 21, 2023 12:23 pm

Transferred to CCN too. Definitely start applying asap but almost every transfer student I know is at a top firm. You will be just fine.

Post Reply Post Anonymous Reply  

Return to “OCI”