LSAT Audio Books? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ApplicantInWI

New

LSAT Audio Books?

Post by ApplicantInWI » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:14 am

Hey,

I am looking for any LSAT study materials that are available on Audio CD / MP3. Does anybody know where I can find anything like this? I have been looking around and haven't had much luck.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!

andrey.krec

New

Re: LSAT Audio Books?

Post by andrey.krec » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:40 am

I don't think LSAT is the type of test where audio study helps. It is all about practice. You need to read a passage/argument and be prepared to go back to it--audio ebooks cannot really offer that. So I doubt that you will be able to find anything like that.

I guess ycan go through Powerscore ebooks and write down all the important tips (conclusion indicators, ways to weak an argument, different fallacies, etc) and make your own ebook. Or do note-cards.

ApplicantInWI

New

Post by ApplicantInWI » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:44 am

What I was looking for was more along the lines of instructional tapes. For example, a CD that talks about strategy, the sections, the question types (particularly for LR) and how to attack the various areas of the test.

I realize practice makes perfect on this, but for me, concepts are digested easiest when I am exposed to them frequently.

There has to be something out there!

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:59 am

Last edited by pleasetryagain on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ApplicantInWI

New

Post by ApplicantInWI » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:14 pm

Sort of..
Although subsequent searches on that book started to indicate that the CD contained Practice Tests (not audio).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

feeblemiles

Bronze

Post by feeblemiles » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:28 pm

there might be some podcasts out there... I think what would be more effective is to do a few practice tests (over a few days) and then thoroughly review what kind of mistakes you're making. Then write out your own explanation of what strategies could have helped (or borrow some from a book you're using) ... then record it or have a friend record it.

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:33 pm

Princeton Reviews does a podcast by the name of "LSAT Logic in Everyday Life" that was semi-interesting. They're not very long and they're not exactly "LSAT study material" but still might be worth looking into. The guy on the show takes different current events and applies LR techniques such as "weaken the conclusion" or "justify the reasoning".

pleasetryagain

Silver

Post by pleasetryagain » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:26 am

Last edited by pleasetryagain on Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

voltron

New

Post by voltron » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:28 am

ApplicantInWI wrote:Hey,

I am looking for any LSAT study materials that are available on Audio CD / MP3. Does anybody know where I can find anything like this? I have been looking around and haven't had much luck.

Any help is appreciated!
Thanks!

Dont waste your time. The LSAT is "written" format, pen and paper. You should be actively reading, and developing your reading skills, not your listening skills.

Helmholtz

Gold

Post by Helmholtz » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:02 pm

DCD wrote:
nathangimpel wrote:Princeton Reviews does a podcast by the name of "LSAT Logic in Everyday Life" that was semi-interesting. They're not very long and they're not exactly "LSAT study material" but still might be worth looking into. The guy on the show takes different current events and applies LR techniques such as "weaken the conclusion" or "justify the reasoning".
nice avatar..
got a link to this podcast? is it free?
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZSt ... =165999105

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”