SERIOUS QUESTION: Re, CHEATING ON THE LSAT? POSSIBLE? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LSAT_SUCKS

SERIOUS QUESTION: Re, CHEATING ON THE LSAT? POSSIBLE?

Post by LSAT_SUCKS » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:26 pm

No, I'm not trolling or trying to elicit "Straw-Man" responses; I'm just curious. That’s all. :)

Let's see if we can have some meaningful discourse. :wink:

I realize that LSAC insures every test seating for ~$1M (USD). Do (or can) people get advance copies of Answer Keys and/or the actual LSAT Test before the test date? :?

Are there any other clever ways as to how people can "abuse" security vulnerabilities and exploit them towards their own gainful advantage? :?:
Last edited by LSAT_SUCKS on Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JustDude

Bronze

Re: CHEATING ON THE LSAT? POSSIBLE? IF SO, HOW? IN WHAT WAYS?

Post by JustDude » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:27 pm

Take a nap dude, It was a long day....

pithypike

Bronze

Re: SERIOUS QUESTION: Re, CHEATING ON THE LSAT? POSSIBLE?

Post by pithypike » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:34 pm

Why would this lead to straw man responses?

Yes, you can cheat. A few guys tried it recently, and the best they could come up with was mugging a proctor on the east coast to give answers to a conspirator on the west coast. They are in prison now, and in a terrible financial situation to boot.

Do that.

Fup

Bronze

Post by Fup » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:34 pm

If you really want to cheat...

Take the test on the west coast. Get someone in the east coast to get into a testing center and steal someone's test book as soon as they are distributed, and then run away. Have him scan it and post it online. You'll have a couple hours to look over the test before yours starts, which should give you plenty of time to diagram all the games, figure out the hard logical reasoning problems, etc.

Keep in mind that this has already been attempted, and the people involved were caught and will likely never become lawyers. However, I assume that if the person scanning the test posts it online, you could access the website from an untraceable location (i.e. not your home computer) and not get caught. If the person scanning the test is not someone actually registered for the test, then they will likely not get caught as well, assuming they are fast enough.

LSAT_SUCKS

Post by LSAT_SUCKS » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:35 pm

Which brings me to another serious question...

Do procters get the test "hardcopy" the night before by courier? :idea:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

monkeywrench

New

Post by monkeywrench » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:38 pm

LSAT_SUCKS wrote:No, I'm not trolling or trying to elicit "Straw-Man" responses; I'm just curious. That’s all. :)

Let's see if we can have some meaningful discourse. :wink:

I realize that LSAC insures every test seating for ~$1M (USD). Do (or can) people get advance copies of Answer Keys and/or the actual LSAT Test before the test date? :?

Are there any other clever ways as to how people can "abuse" security vulnerabilities and exploit them towards their own gainful advantage? :?:

QUIET YOU

first they take our hoodies, then our mechanical pencils ... before you know it we will be taking the test naked in brightly lit rooms.

seriously, ever instance of cheating is met with a 10-fold response of repressive regulation to prevent that form of cheating

on a side note, ive heard:

writing sample = response to abnormally high numbers of perfect scores by students who spoke little English

long point short, the time/effort/money spend trying to get a score you don't deserve would probably have gained you the score anyway

maybe

LSAT_SUCKS

Post by LSAT_SUCKS » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:38 pm

Fup wrote:If you really want to cheat...

Take the test on the west coast. Get someone in the east coast to get into a testing center and steal someone's test book as soon as they are distributed, and then run away. Have him scan it and post it online. You'll have a couple hours to look over the test before yours starts, which should give you plenty of time to diagram all the games, figure out the hard logical reasoning problems, etc.

Keep in mind that this has already been attempted, and the people involved were caught and will likely never become lawyers. However, I assume that if the person scanning the test posts it online, you could access the website from an untraceable location (i.e. not your home computer) and not get caught. If the person scanning the test is not someone actually registered for the test, then they will likely not get caught as well, assuming they are fast enough.
Or how about taking it in Honolulu, Hawai? :D

Btw, did people really try this shit - and get convicted? :shock:

kiwislug

Bronze

Post by kiwislug » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:38 pm

I'm sure if there was any large scale cheating [like posting the test on the internet] LSAC would void the test administration and everyone would have to take it again.

pithypike

Bronze

Post by pithypike » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:40 pm

LSAT_SUCKS wrote:Which brings me to another serious question...

Do procters get the test "hardcopy" the night before by courier? :idea:

Always. You should break in to a proctor's house and steal it.....

With your work ethic how do you think you're going to get through law school? (Mind you, I doubt you will ever step foot in a LS classroom.)

I suggest McDonald's or Jack in the Box as a career choice. If you play your cards right you could end up at Taco Time, the flagship of the fast food industry.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pithypike

Bronze

Post by pithypike » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:41 pm

LSAT_SUCKS wrote:

http://books.google.com/books?id=J5IsaO ... t#PPA42,M1

Page 42. I was wrong about east coast/west coast. It was Hawaii/California.

JustDude

Bronze

Post by JustDude » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:42 pm

I think "LSAT SUCKS" is iranian or afghani. Or from that region.

i wonder if this comment racist

LSAT_SUCKS

Post by LSAT_SUCKS » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:42 pm

kiwislug wrote:I'm sure if there was any large scale cheating [like posting the test on the internet] LSAC would void the test administration and everyone would have to take it again.
Actually, all kidding aside, I heard that someone was asked to "re-take" a test. No kidding.

What happened was this fellow consistently scored between 148-152, and then all of a sudden his score reached an unprecedented 178. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

LSAC checked his finger prints, etc. and made sure it was him. He was asked to take it again, this time with two proctors monitoring him. (He was all alone in this room at the same test center).

Not sure what his subsequent score was. This is entirely hearsay, so take this with a grain of salt. Just putting it out there. That's all.
Last edited by LSAT_SUCKS on Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teaadntoast

Bronze

Post by teaadntoast » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:42 pm

JustDude wrote:Take a nap dude, It was a long day....
Or at least quit posting in ALL CAPS.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

kiwislug

Bronze

Post by kiwislug » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:46 pm

LSAT_SUCKS wrote: Actually, all kidding aside, I heard that someone was asked to "re-take" a test. No kidding.

What happened was this fellow consistently scored between 148-152, and then all of a sudden his score reached an unprecedented 178. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
how many times did this guy sit for the test for them to have a "consistent" score?

JustDude

Bronze

Post by JustDude » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:46 pm

pithypike wrote:
LSAT_SUCKS wrote:

Armenian people were involved.

For 600 dollars . heh

LSAT_SUCKS

Post by LSAT_SUCKS » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:52 pm

pithypike wrote:

Thanks, pithypike.

That was a good read.

I particularly liked the part where the author writes:
...infact they were placed in the top 1 percent of the nearly 20,000 candidates taking the test that day.
LOL.

utexas2010

New

Post by utexas2010 » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:37 pm

So your telling me it is as easy as knowing a proctor who will give you the test to look at the night before??? How are these proctors chosen? This is very interesting yet ptobably not worth the consequences

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

LSAT_SUCKS

Post by LSAT_SUCKS » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:46 pm

utexas2010 wrote:So your telling me it is as easy as knowing a proctor who will give you the test to look at the night before??? How are these proctors chosen? This is very interesting yet ptobably not worth the consequences
I have no clue as to how proctors are chosen.

I would, however, question their integrity. If they have the physical "hardcopy" of the tests a full calendar day before the test, the opportunities for "possible dissemination" are endless.

Jeff Mangum

New

Post by Jeff Mangum » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:08 pm

A co-worker of mine proctors the LSAT. She said that she got the gig through someone who was in her sorority. They pay the proctors something like $85 or about $115 for supervisors. It's considered an easy way to pick up some extra cash, that's all. Proctors are just normal people who really have no conception of the importance of the test. I explained to my co-worker that law schools weigh the LSAT about 4-5 times one's entire undergraduate GPA, and she was really surprised. Then she said that the emotional responses of the test takers make a lot more sense to her, given that.

gannak

New

Post by gannak » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:11 pm

you guys are acting like this is an mi5 operation. get your smart friend a fake id that says they're you and send them in. it worked on gossip girl.

LSAT_SUCKS

Post by LSAT_SUCKS » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:12 am

Jeff Mangum wrote:A co-worker of mine proctors the LSAT. She said that she got the gig through someone who was in her sorority. They pay the proctors something like $85 or about $115 for supervisors. It's considered an easy way to pick up some extra cash, that's all. Proctors are just normal people who really have no conception of the importance of the test. I explained to my co-worker that law schools weigh the LSAT about 4-5 times one's entire undergraduate GPA, and she was really surprised. Then she said that the emotional responses of the test takers make a lot more sense to her, given that.
That's a whole lotta $. That's way more than what LSAT prep instructors make!

Either way, the fact that these proctors have the actual "test" a full calendar day BEFORE the actual LSAT date can give rise to a potential for nefarious activities.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

JPeavy44

New

Post by JPeavy44 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:32 am

2 people got caught cheating in my testing room today... :shock:

a11 1n

Bronze

Post by a11 1n » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:34 am

JPeavy44 wrote:2 people got caught cheating in my testing room today... :shock:
doing what?

crywolf

New

Post by crywolf » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:48 am

a11 1n wrote:
JPeavy44 wrote:2 people got caught cheating in my testing room today... :shock:
doing what?
Contrapositive formula written on the inside of their hand?

sperry

Bronze

Post by sperry » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:15 am

They snuck a copy of the Constitution in their 1 gallon plastic bags.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”