When I should take the lsat?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Acc2020

New

When I should take the lsat?

Post by Acc2020 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:12 pm

I've been looking at when I should take the LSAT. LSAC says that most schools don't accept test scores that are within the same year your applying. So does that mean I have to take the lSAT 2 years in advance of attending law school and one full year before even applying for law school :shock: Why won't school take scores that were within the same year?

nixy

Gold

Re: When I should take the lsat?

Post by nixy » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:32 pm

I don't think you read that right. Of course schools take test scores from the same year in which you're applying. You just need to make sure that the test scores will come back before the final application deadline (so Feb or March or something? I don't remember anymore).

AJordan

Silver

Post by AJordan » Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:03 pm

Take the LSAT when you're ready. Letting your desired application date force you into taking the LSAT before you're ready is putting the cart before the horse. You can put off law school for a year if it comes to that. Just study until you're practicing at the score range you which to achieve. Then take it.

Acc2020

New

Post by Acc2020 » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:28 am

Thank you for the reassurance. I would definitely not be ready if I took the LSAT by the end of the year. Thanks for the clarification!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”