What can I expect to eventually score?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Cfed

New

What can I expect to eventually score?

Post by Cfed » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:07 pm

Hi all. I am a recent high school graduate in the class of 2020. I've been lying around all day with nothing to do, so I decided to take an LSAT PT (with no preparation at all) on Khan Academy for the eff of it. I got a 161, and my impression is that the test can be fairly easily gamed, maybe even more so than the SAT. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone had any idea what my score could project to 3-4 years the future. Yes, I realize it is far too early to make any decisions regarding law school. No, I do not plan on prepping for the LSAT anytime soon. I am merely curious. Thanks in advance.

decimalsanddollars

Bronze

Re: What can I expect to eventually score?

Post by decimalsanddollars » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:57 pm

I'm not really sure what you're asking. Do you want us to forecast what a high school senior who does pretty well on standardized tests will get on an LSAT 3-5 years from now? You acknowledge that you're not prepping now and won't take the test for a few years, so there's no real way to forecast what your score will be. I mean, you're less likely to have some of the same hurdles that some people have in prepping for the test, and I wouldn't be surprised if you could grind to 170+, but we're assuming a lot here. If you're as smart as you seem to be implying you are, you'll probably find another career during college and avoid the law school thing altogether. That'd probably be better for you, all things considered, than doing well on the LSAT.

zeglo

Silver

Re: What can I expect to eventually score?

Post by zeglo » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:02 pm

Anything is possible.

I went up 15 points from my starting score.

Yes, you can game the thing. Don't worry about it. You're fine.

What you should really do is focus on getting a high GPA in college. Then, the rest will fall into place.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”