Experienced LSAT student, but consistently overwhelmed by where to start with LG rules for making worlds Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dolemite

New

Experienced LSAT student, but consistently overwhelmed by where to start with LG rules for making worlds

Post by dolemite » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:17 am

Hi guys! I'm about ~163 and have studied for over a year. I can diagram the rules with the best of them and know the test fairly well, but when I see a set of LG rules my brain spins out of control with possibilities. I ultimately flood with confusion because I don't know where to start once I get through the set-up: how do I know where to split for worlds?

I am naturally quite bad at math, and I probably have slightly below average spatial reasoning, so I panic preys on me after a few hesitant seconds after set-up.

Advice very much welcome, as I believe my current 61-73% in LG is keeping me from the high 160s!

Dcc617

Gold

Re: Experienced LSAT student, but consistently overwhelmed by where to start with LG rules for making worlds

Post by Dcc617 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:54 am

What I always did was first, make all the deductions I could just from the set up. Then, I’d plug in whatever specific extra info came in for a question, and then make whatever additional deductions I could see.

Most of the time, the answer just popped up.

Then, I’d go back to my original set up and do the same for the next question.

The key to LG for me was investing the time in getting all the deductions possible at the start, before delving into specific questions.

FWIW, I didn’t miss any on LG for my LSAT.

dolemite

New

Re: Experienced LSAT student, but consistently overwhelmed by where to start with LG rules for making worlds

Post by dolemite » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:19 pm

Thanks! So even though this meant often brute forcing your way through "Which of the following" type questions? Likewise, were you someone like me or did LG come at all naturally?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”