Is it still worthwhile to try to increase LSAT score?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
NA12345

New

Is it still worthwhile to try to increase LSAT score?

Post by NA12345 » Fri May 08, 2020 3:47 pm

Hey all,
I took the LSAT last March (2019) as a sophomore in college and scored a 170. I ranged from 165 to 175 on my preptests prior to taking the test. In hindsight, I see a lot of things that I could have done differently and think I can improve on my initial score. How practical would it be to start studying again after not picking up an LSAT book for over a year? Would it take me a long time to get back to where I was? I studied for over half a year last time (albeit inefficiently). Since I'm applying to Law Schools this coming Fall I would want to take an LSAT in the Late summer or early Fall. Basically, my question is whether it is worth it to try to study again over the summer and put in more time daily than I did last time around trying to improve my mark (though I would be slightly limited on time) or should I count my lucky stars and apply with a 170?
Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.
sorry for the shoddy grammar.

AdminMegan

Re: Is it still worthwhile to try to increase LSAT score?

Post by AdminMegan » Mon May 11, 2020 1:13 pm

NA12345 wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 3:47 pm
Hey all,
I took the LSAT last March (2019) as a sophomore in college and scored a 170. I ranged from 165 to 175 on my preptests prior to taking the test. In hindsight, I see a lot of things that I could have done differently and think I can improve on my initial score. How practical would it be to start studying again after not picking up an LSAT book for over a year? Would it take me a long time to get back to where I was? I studied for over half a year last time (albeit inefficiently). Since I'm applying to Law Schools this coming Fall I would want to take an LSAT in the Late summer or early Fall. Basically, my question is whether it is worth it to try to study again over the summer and put in more time daily than I did last time around trying to improve my mark (though I would be slightly limited on time) or should I count my lucky stars and apply with a 170?
Any advice would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.
sorry for the shoddy grammar.
A 170 is a great score, but it depends on your GPA and where you plan on going to Law School. Any improvement will help the amount of scholarship you will receive.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”