Take LSAT the fourth time?

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Rivenbu

New

Take LSAT the fourth time?

Post by Rivenbu » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:32 pm

Hey folks,
I had already taken 2 times in LSAT and had to do the third time tomorrow. I guess I would score middle 160s tmr (I got 160 for the first time and canceled the score for my second time). But I felt I can still improve my score if I have one more chance. I know my strategy may not sound good from the admission perspective, but one situation is that I had really bad anxiety for 3 years, and got panic attacked in the second time while I got stuck in Logic Game. My therapist suggested me to write LSAT more times to get used to this test. Meanwhile, I have to take medicine before every test. But I am just worried that if there are four grades showed on my LSAT report, it may be a bad signal to the admission office. Shall I take one more time or just apply using the score of the third time? And I am wondering whether a doctor's note will help to explain such a situation if I do take the fourth time?

PS: my anxiety condition is really bad during the test preparation time. I always can't fall asleep at night and feel dizzy and heart beating while I got stuck somewhere in the prep.

AdieuCali

Bronze

Re: Take LSAT the fourth time?

Post by AdieuCali » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:46 am

Rivenbu wrote:Hey folks,
I had already taken 2 times in LSAT and had to do the third time tomorrow. I guess I would score middle 160s tmr (I got 160 for the first time and canceled the score for my second time). But I felt I can still improve my score if I have one more chance. I know my strategy may not sound good from the admission perspective, but one situation is that I had really bad anxiety for 3 years, and got panic attacked in the second time while I got stuck in Logic Game. My therapist suggested me to write LSAT more times to get used to this test. Meanwhile, I have to take medicine before every test. But I am just worried that if there are four grades showed on my LSAT report, it may be a bad signal to the admission office. Shall I take one more time or just apply using the score of the third time? And I am wondering whether a doctor's note will help to explain such a situation if I do take the fourth time?

PS: my anxiety condition is really bad during the test preparation time. I always can't fall asleep at night and feel dizzy and heart beating while I got stuck somewhere in the prep.
Others can offer you specific advice on improving your score, but taking the LSAT again is always a good idea, especially if you’re PTing higher. Schools do not care about how many times you take, only your highest score (though getting the same score +/- 1pt may raise some eyebrows as to why you aren’t taking steps to improve).

You shouldn’t plan on applying this year if you’d like to retake. Applying later in the cycle (Feb-May) generally makes you far less competitive. Give yourself some time, find a better study strategy, take it again this summer, and apply when apps open in September for next year. Good luck!

lsatmadness

Partner

Re: Take LSAT the fourth time?

Post by lsatmadness » Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:27 pm

Fifth time got me past 170. Don't give up!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”