Schedule Question for LR and LG

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
pacha_mas

New

Schedule Question for LR and LG

Post by pacha_mas » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:22 pm

Hey guys so i been studying for the LSAT off and on for about a year now, i say off and on cause i have had some personal issues to deal with that have kept me out of the studying mindset for a few months. Now i am all ready to give it the full focus. My question is i am creating my self a study plan for the next two months i get the concepts and the methodology of the LSAT as a whole very well now i just have never prep tested, due to several reasons.

So i was wondering should i prep test every 3 days? Or am i burning my self out? I am planning on prep testing every 3 days first few will be untimed and than timed as i progress. In between the 3 days i will be going over LR (sections PTs) as well as drilling certain question types. On top of that doing the same with LG but focusing on different games types one by one and gradually making my way to timing within the end of October. would you guys with high score recommend that? Should I do LR and LG on same days or leave one for one day and another or another day?

Any advice guys? thanks in advance

pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Re: Schedule Question for LR and LG

Post by pleasesendhelp » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:37 pm

170 for my first test, retaking in 3 days :shock: .

I'd PT every day until you feel like you're burning out. 2 months is not much time at all if you've been on and off. If you've got the basics down, then what you need to be doing is applying and refining which requires constant practice. If you're doing one every 3 days then you definitely wont burn out, but if you don't burn out once you're not studying hard enough. Just make sure you dont burn out the day of/day before.

pacha_mas

New

Post by pacha_mas » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:44 pm

pleasesendhelp wrote:170 for my first test, retaking in 3 days :shock: .

I'd PT every day until you feel like you're burning out. 2 months is not much time at all if you've been on and off. If you've got the basics down, then what you need to be doing is applying and refining which requires constant practice. If you're doing one every 3 days then you definitely wont burn out, but if you don't burn out once you're not studying hard enough. Just make sure you dont burn out the day of/day before.
I Want to do a prep test every other day but i feel like i will burn through material that way. Especially since i am not new to the LSAT the concepts and everything about it is ingrained in my by now.

pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Post by pleasesendhelp » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:31 pm

pacha_mas wrote:
pleasesendhelp wrote:170 for my first test, retaking in 3 days :shock: .

I Want to do a prep test every other day but i feel like i will burn through material that way. Especially since i am not new to the LSAT the concepts and everything about it is ingrained in my by now.
Retaking PT's isn't a wasted effort. What you're essentially doing is reinforcing your pattern recognition ability this way. If you're that worried about running out of material, save 2-3 tests for the last two weeks before your exam and recycle the others. I've seen others advise that if you're retaking an old PT to cut down your time to 30 or 28 minutes. No matter how efficiently any study schedule may be, all of them only benefit from doing as many PT's as you can.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”