PowerScore versus 7Sage - Any advice for starting out? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Synchoresis

New

PowerScore versus 7Sage - Any advice for starting out?

Post by Synchoresis » Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:57 am

Hello,

I am at the genesis of my LSAT journey, and would greatly appreciate advice on which materials to purchase. I am already planning to purchase the LSAT Trainer, but am unsure of whether to purchase the PowerScore bibles and workbooks or a 7Sage subscription for the meat of my self-study.

It seems that many people are happy with PowerScore, but it also seems that some people claim 7Sage is preferable in terms of strategy. I would prefer not to pay for both unless that is a killer LSAT combo. Does anyone have some insight on either or both options?

Thank you in advance!

Mikey

Platinum

Re: PowerScore versus 7Sage - Any advice for starting out?

Post by Mikey » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:04 am

Both are respectable companies to study with. I guess it's all personal preference to be honest. Do more research on both companies and then decide. Personally, I would go with 7sage.

Synchoresis

New

Post by Synchoresis » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:10 am

Thank you very much for your response. May I ask if there is anything specific that draws you to 7Sage personally?

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:18 am

Synchoresis wrote:Thank you very much for your response. May I ask if there is anything specific that draws you to 7Sage personally?
I can't compare 7sage to PS since I've never worked with PS material, just a heads up. But I have used 7sage's free materials for my prep and I really liked their explanations for logic games. I actually only used their video explanations to learn the games, so I guess that says something? Lol. Also their infamous blind review method is amazing. Along with everyone who has purchased their full course and loved it, this all leads me to believe that they're a great option.

Synchoresis

New

Post by Synchoresis » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:26 am

Thanks again you've been really helpful :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:40 am

No problem!

Goldchain

New

Post by Goldchain » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:11 am

I planned on taking a powerscore course but didn't think an in person class worked well with my schedule. I discovered the well- regarded and cheaper 7sage online program and decided to try that after testing the free trial. The course blew me away. I went from struggling to break into the 150's range to easily clearing the 160's after finishing the curriculum. 7sage helped me to get accepted with money in the top 14 as well as massive scholarships to schools in top 20. Best investment I ever made in myself.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:40 am

Mikey and Goldchain are right! 7Sage is great! I don't have the paid subscription, but that is only due to spending all my money on tons of books, which in hindsight was just thinking I could substitute quantity for quality. The Trainer and the 7Sage course would do you wonders. As Mikey alluded to, I have followed his footsteps in using 7Sage for LGs explanations, and it has helped me more than any book ever could. Granted, it was not my sole LG material, I am using MLSAT and LG Bible, but only to get the basics, then 7Sage helps me understand a lot better.

I also have heard only good things about 7Sage's full curriculum.

7Sage + Trainer + tons of PTs (Maybe another book if you feel you need supplementing) is going to get you to where you need to be.

Good luck 8)
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

calmike

Bronze

Post by calmike » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:08 pm

Which 7sage course should I take to score in the 160s and 170s?

I want to sign up for a course today but the Premier and Ultimate courses require 30+ hours of study time but I work full time.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

maybeman

Bronze

Post by maybeman » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:28 pm

I'm currently in the middle of the Ultimate 7Sage course and working 40hrs/week. I'm guessing you got the 30+ hours a week as their estimate of the time it'll take you to finish their course. It generally takes me half as long as they estimate (though sometimes more depending on the lesson). If you don't have the option to spread the material out (sit for a later test date), I would just skip redundant practice questions on LR types you feel most comfortable. Also, I watch all the videos on 1.2x speed, which is still easily understandable and cuts down a ton of time. Highly recommend 7Sage, though like a bunch of posters above I've also never tried Powerscore.

Rupert Pupkin

Gold

Post by Rupert Pupkin » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:50 pm

You can't really make a wrong choice here. I am doing the PS Bibles and utilizing the free 7sage videos and explanations. Both are awesome. As Mikey mentioned, I would ultimately look at both 7sage and PS and see which fits your style and what you are looking for out of prep material. I havent done a 7sage or PS course, just am using the PS bibles and type-question books, but its great material overall.

Edit: Each might have a 7-day course trial for you to check out.

Best of luck!

calmike

Bronze

Post by calmike » Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:30 am

maybeman wrote:I'm currently in the middle of the Ultimate 7Sage course and working 40hrs/week. I'm guessing you got the 30+ hours a week as their estimate of the time it'll take you to finish their course. It generally takes me half as long as they estimate (though sometimes more depending on the lesson). If you don't have the option to spread the material out (sit for a later test date), I would just skip redundant practice questions on LR types you feel most comfortable. Also, I watch all the videos on 1.2x speed, which is still easily understandable and cuts down a ton of time. Highly recommend 7Sage, though like a bunch of posters above I've also never tried Powerscore.
Thank you. I will sign up for 7sage today and try to fit it in to my schedule. Thank you for the tips to save time.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”