Cancel or Keep Score? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
melmarie

New

Cancel or Keep Score?

Post by melmarie » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:43 pm

Last edited by melmarie on Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

valen

Bronze

Re: Cancel or Keep Score?

Post by valen » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:29 pm

Keep it, I guessed one LG game completely and on quite a few LR and thought I bombed the exam. I was keeping my expectations around 160 but ended up actually scoring 170+. So I say keep it, you can always retake.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:48 pm

By guessing, did you make educated guesses or literally just put random letters for LG3+4 & RC4?

If you're just insecure about a game or two and a few RC & LR questions, that's normal and I probably wouldn't cancel. Only cancel if you're ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE you completely bombed.

I made several semi-educated guesses on game 4 and LG is my best section. Disappointed in myself but not canceling. I'm not expecting 150's though. Worst case scenario is probably still 160's.
The curve will likely be somewhat forgiving, so some guesses won't be that detrimental.

haus

Gold

Post by haus » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:04 pm

It seems that few schools pay much attention to any score other than your best LSAT, and even those that do (looking at you Yale) may still pay a bit of notice to a cancel anyway.

With this in mind, the benefit of canceling does not seem to be as much as it once was. Also keep in mind that if you cancel, you will not get the opportunity to see your results, which could be handy for review as you prepare for another go at the test should it be necessary.

melmarie

New

Post by melmarie » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:35 pm

Thanks for the responses! I tried my best to make educated guesses but I was just completely frozen and I don't even know why. I didn't think I was THAT nervous. So those educated guesses are probably not too educated. :?

I'm just so scared of getting a score in the 140s range. I don't want to risk that on my record. I already have to explain my low GPA due to severe illness, so I don't want to write another addendum. But at the same time, if I cancelled, I would probably still wonder what score I got on my death bed. I hate not knowing.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:30 am

melmarie wrote:Thanks for the responses! I tried my best to make educated guesses but I was just completely frozen and I don't even know why. I didn't think I was THAT nervous. So those educated guesses are probably not too educated. :?

I'm just so scared of getting a score in the 140s range. I don't want to risk that on my record. I already have to explain my low GPA due to severe illness, so I don't want to write another addendum. But at the same time, if I cancelled, I would probably still wonder what score I got on my death bed. I hate not knowing.
140's is pretty darn hard to get if you were scoring in the 160's/170's. A brain fart shouldn't knock someone down that far.
Last edited by Rigo on Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”