I am not ready for September LSAT? Should I not take it? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
calmike

Bronze

I am not ready for September LSAT? Should I not take it?

Post by calmike » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:47 pm

Hello,
I have self-studied for the past few months for the September LSAT. I have not reached 170 on my PTs. Should I not take the September LSAT and wait for December? Should I take both?

I do not feel confident about my self-study skills anymore so I will take a Blueprint class for the December LSAT. I want to go to a T-14.

BillPackets

Gold

Re: I am not ready for September LSAT? Should I not take it?

Post by BillPackets » Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:52 pm

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=222104

come visit us.

also, it depends on your gpa. but yeah a 170 is highly desirable for the t14 obvs

kevgogators

Bronze

Post by kevgogators » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:10 pm

TCR is that if you don't feel ready, don't take it. I myself am pushing it back to December. It's better to have one 170+ score on your report than a 155 and a 170.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 5:25 pm

kevgogators wrote:TCR is that if you don't feel ready, don't take it.
Don't waste one of your three takes. If you withdraw your September registration prior to midnight of September 26th, then it won't show up on the report LSAC sends to schools.

December Thread

Best of luck!

Yeezus

Bronze

Post by Yeezus » Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:06 pm

calmike wrote:Hello,
I have self-studied for the past few months for the September LSAT. I have not reached 170 on my PTs. Should I not take the September LSAT and wait for December? Should I take both?

I do not feel confident about my self-study skills anymore so I will take a Blueprint class for the December LSAT. I want to go to a T-14.
You answered your own question. Best of luck to you in December.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

calmike

Bronze

Post by calmike » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:55 pm

BillPackets wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=222104

come visit us.

also, it depends on your gpa. but yeah a 170 is highly desirable for the t14 obvs

I have a 2.86 and I am a Mexican-American applicant. I am scoring 165-169 but I really want to do my best and I really think I can reach 170's. Hopefully Blueprint class gives me structure to accomplish that.

calmike

Bronze

Post by calmike » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:56 pm

kevgogators wrote:TCR is that if you don't feel ready, don't take it. I myself am pushing it back to December. It's better to have one 170+ score on your report than a 155 and a 170.

I am 100% sure I will not get a 155, but more of a 160+

calmike

Bronze

Post by calmike » Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:57 pm

Dirigo wrote:
kevgogators wrote:TCR is that if you don't feel ready, don't take it.
Don't waste one of your three takes. If you withdraw your September registration prior to midnight of September 26th, then it won't show up on the report LSAC sends to schools.

December Thread

Best of luck!

Thank you so much!! I did not really think about me wasting one of my three attempts

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:19 pm

Also, I would maybe ask around on here if Blueprint classes are really worth the money for where you are at in your progress.
I never took a class so I don't know for sure, but I am under the impression that these classes are more for people just starting out and are not really designed to get people to a 170+ level. You're already scoring over the 90th percentile, so I think the best bet from here on out is self-study. Just a thought, but it could potential save you close to $1,000 if you haven't already paid in full.

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:29 pm

Dirigo wrote:Also, I would maybe ask around on here if Blueprint classes are really worth the money for where you are at in your progress.
I never took a class so I don't know for sure, but I am under the impression that these classes are more for people just starting out and are not really designed to get people to a 170+ level. You're already scoring over the 90th percentile, so I think the best bet from here on out is self-study. Just a thought, but it could potential save you close to $1,000 if you haven't already paid in full.
I too agree whether the full purchase price of a prep course is worth it if you are already PTing 165-169. At that point, you're better off drilling and PT'ing to avoid careless mistakes. I'm also taking a BP course as well...but then again I'm only scoring in the low 150's right now...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”