What is the best way to solve LG #4 of PT 59? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Oskosh

Silver

What is the best way to solve LG #4 of PT 59?

Post by Oskosh » Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:28 pm

I see that 7sage suggested hypotheticals, but I just tried hypotheticals, and it seemed to be very time consuming. When I went through the game my first try, I was already exhausted from the other games, and so I went ahead and started doing it without setting up hypotheticals. The first question I answered through process of elimination (merely used the rules)...

I skipped question #18 (MBT) and went to #21 (M _ _ T - L), which immediately gave me the answer. Then, I tried my best to do the rest of them, so I went to #19 and plug and chugged, which also gave me the answer to #22. This plugging and chugging allowed me to eliminate some answers for #20, which I then completed through some more plugging. Finally, I decided to do #23, which was a pretty easy question. #18 I completed through process of elimination, but I wasn't certain of the answer (I was just running out of time, and it seemed like the most reasonable).

I got all the answers correct, but I attribute it a lot on luck/shortcuts that I have developed on my own. Obviously, this is not the strategy that I want to take with me on test day. This is actually one of the game types that I dislike the most (the in between games, but the elements can be inverted...). So, for someone who was successful, how did you do it?

By the way, as I tried to do hypotheticals right now, I got all the way up to five... I could have done more I think. However, the fact that I was doing hypotheticals for M _ _ T and T _ _ M could be the reason that so many hypotheticals were being produced... (as opposed to M/T _ _ T/M)

Gray

Platinum

Post by Gray » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:06 am

smiles123

Bronze

Re: What is the best way to solve LG #4 of PT 59?

Post by smiles123 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:01 am

I actually did this PT last night. For 18,19,20, and 22, I did hypotheticals. This is typically more work than I like to do, but the hypotheticals were fairly straightforward and didn't end up taking too long. Game 3 on the other hand... that one sucked up quite a bit of my time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”