Likelihood of experimental section being 5?? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
alisonnk

New

Likelihood of experimental section being 5??

Post by alisonnk » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:00 pm

I'm wondering what y'all think - my Feb lsat got rescheduled due to a weather cancellation so I just took the test earlier today (2/22). My experimental section was either 3 or 5, and I'm really hoping it was 5 since 3 turned out way better for me. I know they can stick the experimental section anywhere now, but it seems counter to the overall purpose to put it at the very end, where people probably perform worse on avg than other sections from burnout. I'm assuming?

Anyways, has anyone out there has their 5th section turn out to be the experimental? Is it really just as likely as any other section as seems claimed?

cahwc12

Silver

Re: Likelihood of experimental section being 5??

Post by cahwc12 » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:29 pm

That's an interesting theory, but as far as I know, there is supposed to be a 1/5 chance. It used to be only in the first three sections, but that changed a few years ago, ostensibly because knowledge or ignorance of that fact could theoretically confer a non-negligible competitive advantage to some. When I wrote for my test, I knew on the first game that I was dealing with an experimental section and finished the section quickly, then left the room for a stretch/bathroom break. In hindsight, it was probably hubris, but at that time, the experimental could only be in the first three sections.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”