Hey everyone. Long time reader, first time poster.
I took the October 2013 LSAT on Saturday. I was testing in the 170+ range, but unfortunately I was hospitalized on Tuesday and released literally less than 24 hours before the test. It really affected me on the first section (which was LG) which I know for a fact is going to count towards my actual score. I feel I could have missed upwards of 6 on that section, which would probably kick me out of the 170's. Obviously, if that is the case, I would retake in December. Here's my question.
The score that I receive will probably be more than good enough to get me into my state university's law school, where I currently go for undergrad (one guess where). If my October score pans out the way I think it's going to, is it possible to apply to my state law school, presumably get in, retake in December, hopefully get a 170+ and wait to apply for T14's next cycle? Obviously if I don't get my 170 I would take the acceptance here.
Any advice would be appreciated!
Retake Question-Advice Needed Forum
-
Kimikho

- Posts: 3971
- Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:01 pm
Re: Retake Question-Advice Needed
Sorry you were sick
that sucks.
Why apply to your state school? Why not just wait until December and then either wait a cycle or apply then?
also are you sure the LG was the real LG?
Why apply to your state school? Why not just wait until December and then either wait a cycle or apply then?
also are you sure the LG was the real LG?
- rowdyreptile5861

- Posts: 15
- Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 6:57 pm
Re: Retake Question-Advice Needed
That's a good point I didn't think about that. I suppose I would want to get an edge by applying early, but if the score is good enough it wouldn't really matter.
And I confirmed it with a friend who only had one LG section, but he could be mistaken (I hope he was at the very least).
And I confirmed it with a friend who only had one LG section, but he could be mistaken (I hope he was at the very least).
-
hephaestus

- Posts: 2399
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:21 pm
Re: Retake Question-Advice Needed
I would just do this. A 170 for someone applying in January will almost always beat out a 16X in October. The only thing is that you will lose the ability to ED, but its better to avoid ED anyway unless you have to.rowdyreptile5861 wrote:That's a good point I didn't think about that. I suppose I would want to get an edge by applying early, but if the score is good enough it wouldn't really matter.
And I confirmed it with a friend who only had one LG section, but he could be mistaken (I hope he was at the very least).