Last 10 questions on LR Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
mkania

New

Last 10 questions on LR

Post by mkania » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Is there some difference between the first 15 questions of LR sections and the last 10. I assume they get harder, but is there any consistency to the type of questions they pertain. I have only taken two PT, and on my most recent I was 29/30 of the LR questions numbered 1-15 and 6/20 on the questions 16-25.

OR do I just need to get better with more difficult questions?

edit: I put RC instead of LR

Kimikho

Gold

Re: Last 10 questions on LR

Post by Kimikho » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:30 pm

I've taken PTs where the last question was a main conclusion question, and others where the last one was a parallel-the-reasoning question. There's no pattern. Treat the last half of the section like it is a regular section. Identify which types those 14 are, drill on them, repeat.

paglababa

Silver

Post by paglababa » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:11 am

The general rule is that you can count on the first 15 to be quite manageable, with an oddly difficult one appearing sometimes. If you can do the first 15 in 15 mins, which I always strive for, that gives you a whole 20 mins to mull over the last 10-11 questions in the section. You're going to be stuck on two answer choices often, so this is the time to be very accurate and make sure you can say why the right answer is write, or rather, why the wrong one is wrong.

These are going to be more difficult. However, there is no pattern among the last few questions. For instance, number 23-25 can be much easier than 18 or 19.

Once I'm running low on time, I skip around in this area. If I see a crazy long question like parallell, I skip it. It sometimes end up being easy but just the amount of time it takes to read it is a time suck. Move quickly, come back, and kill it.

magickware

Bronze

Post by magickware » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:36 am

mkania wrote:Is there some difference between the first 15 questions of LR sections and the last 10. I assume they get harder, but is there any consistency to the type of questions they pertain. I have only taken two PT, and on my most recent I was 29/30 of the LR questions numbered 1-15 and 6/20 on the questions 16-25.

OR do I just need to get better with more difficult questions?
There are no difference in the question type that pops up. In general, parallel questions show up most frequently near the end, but you do get them in the first 10 questions every once in a while.

You just need to get better with more difficult questions. They're more difficult for a reason.

I mean, the first 10 questions use a logic similar to this-

"John gained 10lbs. Therefore, John must have eaten a lot of food"
What is the suff/necc assumption? How do you strengthen/weaken this?

It's simple and there aren't a lot of confusing detail added in to derail you.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:19 am

Also, its not the last 10 questions to worry about, it's usually the middle 5 that are hardest. 14-19 or so, then it lets up for the last 5-6.

0913djp

Bronze

Post by 0913djp » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:18 am

This is where I suffer as well. Honestly, striving for 15 in 15 (with accuracy, of course) is the best way to approach the LR section. That way, as someone said earlier, you have a good amount of time to tackle the questions that take anywhere from 2min:30secs to 3min:30secs.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”