How long do you take&what do you do in break time? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
15chocolate

New

How long do you take&what do you do in break time?

Post by 15chocolate » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:14 am

Hi,
It might be different for each person but I wonder how people spend their break time-how long do you usually take? after how long you focused on each study session? (how often do you take break time?) what worked the best to refresh? especially in those days you can use your whole time for study (such as holidays or vacation days...).

I usually take a nap (since I only sleep 5~sometimes 7 hours a day..), internet, housework, sometimes go walking...from 15 to about 45 min. depending on how tired I am.
Wonder it's too much&there are good ways to take 10-15 short breaks?

Thanks.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Re: How long do you take&what do you do in break time?

Post by alexrodriguez » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:29 am

Eat a piece of dark chocolate each time you go on break as positive reinforcement.

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:43 am

In terms of micro breaks (breaks I need just because I've been studying 2-3 hours and my brain is a bit tired) I usually just get on TLS or Reddit, go walk around, watch an episode of something, go eat, etc. When it comes to macro breaks (breaks I need because I've been obsessing and stressing over the same thing for the last few months) I absolutely have to do something that really de-stresses me: drunken debauchery, drinking at a bar, drinking at home, drinking at a friend's house, drinking in a park, drinking in the woods, drinking by a lake, drinking besides my toilet while crying after drunken debauch, etc... those are all good and you should try them.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:42 am

superdingle2000 wrote:drunken debauchery, drinking at a bar, drinking at home, drinking at a friend's house, drinking in a park, drinking in the woods, drinking by a lake, drinking besides my toilet while crying after drunken debauch, etc...
after all this drinking

make love to a logic game

I've found it helps your time when sober

15chocolate

New

Post by 15chocolate » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:43 am

superdingle2000 wrote: drunken debauchery, drinking at a bar, drinking at home, drinking at a friend's house, drinking in a park, drinking in the woods, drinking by a lake, drinking besides my toilet while crying after drunken debauch, etc... those are all good and you should try them.
Ahh...I don't think I can drink like you do, but thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Daily_Double

Silver

Post by Daily_Double » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:47 am

Last edited by Daily_Double on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Trajectory

Bronze

Post by Trajectory » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:13 am

I usually take a 10-15 minute break and when I need more I go watch an episode of some TV show. I would say I do this every 2 hours of studying. It helped me a lot to learn to be "ok" with taking a break especially when your stressing over something because maybe you are not getting it. You come refreshed and I know that during my break I dont think about anything else.

paglababa

Silver

Post by paglababa » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:14 am

dang are you guys studying like 8 hours a day?

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:14 pm

As soon as I take a break its all down hill from there. The best way to study in my opinion is a six hour straight shot. However, I don't always have the mental energy for this, so I'm forced to take breaks. I think an underestimated technique is to take a lengthy break where you you completely focus your mind on something other than the LSAT, such as a novel. Then, after about two hours, return to the LSAT, hopefully almost completely recuperated.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:34 pm

RobertGolddust wrote:As soon as I take a break its all down hill from there. The best way to study in my opinion is a six hour straight shot. However, I don't always have the mental energy for this, so I'm forced to take breaks. I think an underestimated technique is to take a lengthy break where you you completely focus your mind on something other than the LSAT, such as a novel. Then, after about two hours, return to the LSAT, hopefully almost completely recuperated.

I think it was your thread a saw about whether or not to eat lunch. You, sir, are a champion.

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:54 pm

I think it was your thread a saw about whether or not to eat lunch. You, sir, are a champion.
I'll drink to that. Honestly, any thing other than a needle in the eye is more uplifting then my recent performance on the LSAT'S reading comprehension section.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”