The Official June 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
alexrodriguez

Silver

Re: June 2014 LSAT Prep (The LouieRodriguez Adventure)

Post by alexrodriguez » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:23 am

sublime wrote: I would just make my own, plenty of resources on here to do that, but if a premade one would be helpful it is worth it. I would go day, but that is personal preference.
I don't trust myself to make my own.

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:35 am

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:26 am

So I bought the 7 month study plan off Steve Schwartz.

Here is the link so you can purchase your own.

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/p/month-ls ... plans.html

Steve, I'll take a 17% commission off all future sales.

In other news, I was banned for 5 days for on-topic trolling. Apparently it's not a good idea to tell everyone in the "Choosing a Law School" forum that they should go to Harvard.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:04 am

louierodriguez wrote: In other news, I was banned for 5 days for on-topic trolling. .
Some of the loneliest days of my life. The amount of time I spent studying dwindled. I even read an off topic book by Hunter S. Thompson. It was the Rum Diary. I'm so glad to be back!

I'm on page 208 or 210 or somewhere near there in the RC Bible. I've really taken a liking to the RC section. I think it has to do with me being an English major. I'm pretty good with timing and it comes naturally. I guess I read pretty fast.

By the time I take the real thing I should be in the -0 to -3 range. It's unfortunate, but I know I'm subject to stupid mistakes when it comes down to the real test. I'll definately be at that point in the future. That point of perfection.

rftdd888

Bronze

Post by rftdd888 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:20 am

wow, so this is a really aggravating user/thread and it's immoral that so many of you are putting up with this thread's existence

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:23 am

rftdd888

Bronze

Post by rftdd888 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:40 am

sublime wrote:
rriles wrote:wow, so this is a really aggravating user/thread and it's immoral that so many of you are putting up with this thread's existence
It is immoral? :roll:
does the thread suck? yes/no gun to your head :?

i mean wtf is this? maintain the community.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:10 am

rriles wrote: does the thread suck? yes/no gun to your head :?

I had someone message me asking if I would be there study partner because of this thread.

This thread has helped that person.

What exactly does it mean to maintain the community anyway? People come and go. I am a part of this forum for better or worse. Are you proposing that we limit the use of this site to specific ideas and people?

Are you a Nazi?

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:36 am

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:01 am

louierodriguez wrote:I started the Reading Comprehension Bible today.

I came across on page 13 in the margin what I believe to be some of the most sound advice.

"A positive attitude is perhaps the most underrated factor in LSAT success. Virtually all high-scoring students expect to do well on the LSAT, and this mind set helps them avoid distractions during the exam, and it helps them overcome any adversity they might face."

I remember reading the same exact line and thinking "stfu RCB.. hurry up and teach me some substantive lsat stuff." A month later, dealing with unexpectedly slow progress and occasionally, just occasionally, contemplating the possibility that I just suck and won't get much better at this test, I realize I should have appreciated that line, maybe even printed it out and posted it on my wall.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:08 am

superdingle2000 wrote:
louierodriguez wrote:I started the Reading Comprehension Bible today.

I came across on page 13 in the margin what I believe to be some of the most sound advice.

"A positive attitude is perhaps the most underrated factor in LSAT success. Virtually all high-scoring students expect to do well on the LSAT, and this mind set helps them avoid distractions during the exam, and it helps them overcome any adversity they might face."

I remember reading the same exact line and thinking "stfu RCB.. hurry up and teach me some substantive lsat stuff." A month later, dealing with unexpectedly slow progress and occasionally, just occasionally, contemplating the possibility that I just suck and won't get much better at this test, I realize I should have appreciated that line, maybe even printed it out and posted it on my wall.
:D

How are your studies coming along now?

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:26 am

louierodriguez wrote:
:D

How are your studies coming along now?

I'm a little scared of taking a PT, to be honest. I don't want it to crush my motivation. I've only taken 3 PTs, scoring a 162 (diag), a 157, and another 162; both of the 162s were something like -2 on RC, -2/3 on each LR, and -10/11 on LG. Needless to say, LG is my weakest section and most of my pessimism (when it's there) comes from it. So my plan is to avoid taking another PT until I've gone through all the Cambridge LG sets at least twice. I'm also bouncing around to other sections, going through MLR and Velocity LR, drilling LR, and drilling RC, so it may be another week or two before I get to finish up those 2 rounds of Cambridge LG sets and take another PT.

Btw, love the energy man. Hope you make it to t14.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:03 am

superdingle2000 wrote:
I'm a little scared of taking a PT, to be honest. I don't want it to crush my motivation. I've only taken 3 PTs, scoring a 162 (diag), a 157, and another 162; both of the 162s were something like -2 on RC, -2/3 on each LR, and -10/11 on LG. Needless to say, LG is my weakest section and most of my pessimism (when it's there) comes from it. So my plan is to avoid taking another PT until I've gone through all the Cambridge LG sets at least twice. I'm also bouncing around to other sections, going through MLR and Velocity LR, drilling LR, and drilling RC, so it may be another week or two before I get to finish up those 2 rounds of Cambridge LG sets and take another PT.

Thanks dude.

You'll be fine. I'm actually jealous of where you stand right now. RC seems down pat for you. You know LR well and with time games can be perfected. When do you plan on taking the LSAT? A 170+ will be easy for you. Just keep studying.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

nothingtosee

Silver

Post by nothingtosee » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:58 am

I may have missed this, but Louie what was your diag? I need to know to properly frame the adventure

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:24 pm

rriles wrote:
sublime wrote:
rriles wrote:wow, so this is a really aggravating user/thread and it's immoral that so many of you are putting up with this thread's existence
It is immoral? :roll:
does the thread suck? yes/no gun to your head :?

I like this thread, is there a problem with that? Is it unethical or morally culpable?

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:30 pm

nothingtosee wrote:I may have missed this, but Louie what was your diag? I need to know to properly frame the adventure
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 0#p6824060

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:57 pm

louierodriguez wrote:
superdingle2000 wrote:

Thanks dude.

You'll be fine. I'm actually jealous of where you stand right now. RC seems down pat for you. You know LR well and with time games can be perfected. When do you plan on taking the LSAT? A 170+ will be easy for you. Just keep studying.

RC and LR are better than LG for me, but they are still pretty damn unstable. The two 162s ended up pretty good, but when I drill, I'm all over the place. I use my gut feeling for almost every question, so there's still a lot of work to be put in before I feel confident that I can score well on those sections through an objective process (and ironically, learning the objective process often makes me miss more Qs). I'm planning on taking this October.

And you too man, you have a year and are already all about it. One word of advice: Give yourself difficult quotas (both in terms of time and amount covered) every day. Very early in my prep, I think I moved way too slow because I couldn't escape that mentality that I have an abundance of time.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:13 am

louierodriguez wrote:Study Group Members (Message me to get added to the list)

1. Scandk

*Every sunday we will be taking a practice test. On monday or directly after we will post our scores and discuss the exam. (I'm in a different time zone, so I'll probably be the first to post.)

June 30 - PT 10
July 7 - PT 11
July 14 - PT 12
July 28 - PT 13
August 4 - PT 14
August 11 - PT 15
August 18 - PT 16
August 25 - PT 18
September 1 - PT 19
September 8 - PT 20
September 15 - PT 21
September 22 - PT 22
September 29 - PT 23
October 6 - PT 24
October 13 - PT 25
October 20 -PT 26
Ocotber 27 - PT 27
November 3 - PT 28
November 10 - PT 29
November 17 - PT 30
November 24 - PT 31
December 1 - PT 32
December 8 - PT 33
December 15 - PT 34
December 22 - PT 35
December 29 - PT 36
January 5 - PT 37
January 12 - PT 38
January 19 - PT 52
January 26 - PT 53
February 2 - PT 54
February 9 - PT 55
February 16 - PT 56
February 23 - PT 57
March 2 - PT 58
March 9 - PT 59
March 16 - PT 60
March 23 - PT 61
March 30 - PT 62
April 6 - PT 63
April 13 - PT 64
April 20 - PT 65
April 27 - PT 66
May 4 - PT 67
May 11 - PT 68
May 18 - PT 69

May 25 to Test day - Take preptest 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 These are not in book form. You'll have to buy them individually.

I have changed many things about this thread. This is no longer the "LouieRodriguez Adventure" and my previous trolling posts are something of the history. It's time to buckle down and get to work. I've created a schedule for the next year or so and I think it will benefit many of us if we choose to follow it. It's going to take discipline to follow this every Sunday, but I can't imagine anyone doing something so consecutively and still failing miserably. I'd like to believe a 165+ is going to be automatic through following this. We will find out. Best of luck to you, and may the odds forever be in your favor.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:14 pm

louierodriguez wrote:I have changed many things about this thread. This is no longer the "LouieRodriguez Adventure" and my previous trolling posts are something of the history.
You're trying to tell us that your previous posts were intentional trolling?

That's cute.

nothingtosee

Silver

Post by nothingtosee » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:11 pm

louierodriguez wrote:
I have changed many things about this thread. This is no longer the "LouieRodriguez Adventure" and my previous trolling posts are something of the history. It's time to buckle down and get to work. I've created a schedule for the next year or so and I think it will benefit many of us if we choose to follow it. It's going to take discipline to follow this every Sunday, but I can't imagine anyone doing something so consecutively and still failing miserably. I'd like to believe a 165+ is going to be automatic through following this. We will find out. Best of luck to you, and may the odds forever be in your favor.
Downgrade.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Post by alexrodriguez » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:03 am

nothingtosee wrote:
louierodriguez wrote:
Downgrade.
A downgrade to your entertainment.

An upgrade to my future LSAT score. :D

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:09 am

3 days till preptest 10!

I'm nervous!

This will be the beginning of something great!

magickware

Bronze

Post by magickware » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:29 am

Should have gotten your PTs from Cambridge LSAT.

I find it difficult to believe that everyone here isn't recommending that to every person who wants to take the LSAT.

Reusable PTs man. REUSABLE PTS.

Makes the inevitable retakes a lot cheaper on your wallet.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:30 am

magickware wrote:Should have gotten your PTs from Cambridge LSAT.

I find it difficult to believe that everyone here isn't recommending that to every person who wants to take the LSAT.

Reusable PTs man. REUSABLE PTS.

Makes the inevitable retakes a lot cheaper on your wallet.

myscoreonmysleeve

New

Post by myscoreonmysleeve » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:35 am

louierodriguez wrote:3 days till preptest 10!

I'm nervous!

This will be the beginning of something great!
Is this real life?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”