Has the curve changed? Or become more curved? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.

Has the test gotten "easier" since 2009?

Yes
No votes
No
69%
Not enough information
6%
Undecided
25%

Total votes: 16

LDVM4334

New

Has the curve changed? Or become more curved?

Post by LDVM4334 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:03 am

Will the curve increase as a result of less test-takers and the lack of more strong test-takers to set the curve? I realize the curve is set BEFORE the exam, but does the fact that less people are taking THOSE exams help set the curve lower?

RhymesLikeDimes

Bronze

Re: Has the curve changed? Or become more curved?

Post by RhymesLikeDimes » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:16 am

If the current trend continues, the test will definitely get easier. But, I think it's still too early to tell. I know a lot of people who prepped with PTs 40-60, then grossly under-performed on test day these last couple offerings. I haven't taken the most recent PTs yet, so I can't personally compare.

I haven't taken it yet, but the consensus on December 2012 was that it was one of the hardest tests ever.

EDIT: Whoops, you were referring to the curve. Well, DEC 2012 had a very generous curve, but as I said, the test was extra difficult. I still think it's too soon to see any significant changes.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:53 pm

RhymesLikeDimes wrote:If the current trend continues, the test will definitely get easier. But, I think it's still too early to tell. I know a lot of people who prepped with PTs 40-60, then grossly under-performed on test day these last couple offerings. I haven't taken the most recent PTs yet, so I can't personally compare.

I haven't taken it yet, but the consensus on December 2012 was that it was one of the hardest tests ever.

EDIT: Whoops, you were referring to the curve. Well, DEC 2012 had a very generous curve, but as I said, the test was extra difficult. I still think it's too soon to see any significant changes.
I can vouch for that. I was a moron and I cancelled my score.

koval

Bronze

Post by koval » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:50 pm

Ditto on the Dec. 2012 LSAT, I did about 6 lower than I was PT'ing.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”