reviewing wrong answers Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
rutgers17

Bronze

reviewing wrong answers

Post by rutgers17 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:47 pm

When going through my PTs to review wrong answers, do you guys suggest trying to work through them myself first? Or is it ok to look up the answers and work through them that way? Is either way more effective than the other? Thanks!

crestor

Bronze

Re: reviewing wrong answers

Post by crestor » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:52 pm

for LR I type everything out and do the blind review 7 sage method

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOJJS7BRNGI

mvonh001

Silver

Post by mvonh001 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:38 pm

how long do you spend reviewing your answers?

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:38 pm

rutgers17 wrote:When going through my PTs to review wrong answers, do you guys suggest trying to work through them myself first? Or is it ok to look up the answers and work through them that way? Is either way more effective than the other? Thanks!
Both have their place, though you'll often find yourself running into the, "Got it down to two, picked the wrong one!" situation if you just do the question a second time.

Also, don't forget to figure out how the LSAT tricked you. Most people stop at why the right answer is right and the wrong one wrong, but you should also figure out:
1) What about the wrong answer made me think it was right? This will show you how the LSAT gets you to pick the wrong answer. It's usually related to equivocation or logical force
2) What about the right answer made me think it was wrong? This will show you the tricks the LSAT is using to mask the right answer from you

15chocolate

New

Post by 15chocolate » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:16 pm

Hi, sorry for cutting in, but I wonder whether we should double check the reasoning we made (why it's wrong and why it's correct) with someone? I'm afraid to overlook something or build wrong reasoning, but I think it's impossible to double check every questions, so wonder people just stick to their reasonings?
For RC too, sometimes I'm not sure whether the lines I found as "evidence" is correct or not...
Thanks!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bp shinners

Gold

Post by bp shinners » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:39 am

15chocolate wrote:Hi, sorry for cutting in, but I wonder whether we should double check the reasoning we made (why it's wrong and why it's correct) with someone? I'm afraid to overlook something or build wrong reasoning, but I think it's impossible to double check every questions, so wonder people just stick to their reasonings?
For RC too, sometimes I'm not sure whether the lines I found as "evidence" is correct or not...
Thanks!
This is why study groups are great. Not only will you have someone to check your reasoning, but you'll enhance your own understanding of the exam by walking someone else through a question they answered incorrectly.

NoodleyOne

Gold

Post by NoodleyOne » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:45 am

bp shinners wrote:
15chocolate wrote:Hi, sorry for cutting in, but I wonder whether we should double check the reasoning we made (why it's wrong and why it's correct) with someone? I'm afraid to overlook something or build wrong reasoning, but I think it's impossible to double check every questions, so wonder people just stick to their reasonings?
Thanks!
This is why study groups are great. Not only will you have someone to check your reasoning, but you'll enhance your own understanding of the exam by walking someone else through a question they answered incorrectly.
+1

The best way to learn something is to teach it. Study groups allow you to do that. I credit the tls study group as a big reason I scored where I did.

15chocolate

New

Post by 15chocolate » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:54 pm

Thanks for your responses, I'll definitely check the study group :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”