Using diagrams and arrows for Pseudo Sufficient Assumptions Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
itachiuchiha

Silver

Using diagrams and arrows for Pseudo Sufficient Assumptions

Post by itachiuchiha » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:24 pm

Do most of you use diagrams and conditional logic for most of your sufficient assumption and pseudo sufficient assumption questions?

I think it helps sometimes when determining what the gap is between premise and conclusion. But I feel that occasionally, diagrams are useless.

What do y'all think?

cricketlove00

Silver

Re: Using diagrams and arrows for Pseudo Sufficient Assumptions

Post by cricketlove00 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:02 am

I didn't use to, but as I've been reviewing answers on Manhattan's website, it seems like everyone does it. I usually don't need to for the easier questions, but it makes the harder ones a lot easier to figure out.

If you have any questions about it, this thread really helped me out: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 6&t=202829

bp shinners

Gold

Re: Using diagrams and arrows for Pseudo Sufficient Assumptions

Post by bp shinners » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:47 am

itachiuchiha wrote:Do most of you use diagrams and conditional logic for most of your sufficient assumption and pseudo sufficient assumption questions?

I think it helps sometimes when determining what the gap is between premise and conclusion. But I feel that occasionally, diagrams are useless.
They're never useless* - they might just not be necessary for certain people to see the jump in logic. I still recommend writing them out every time - it will help with the ones that seem easier than they actually are.

*Well, they will be useless in a question that doesn't have conditional language.

Also, what's a pseudo-sufficient assumption question?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”