Any advice on PTs? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bricloud

New

Any advice on PTs?

Post by bricloud » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:48 am

It seems that I have no enough time to finish all PTs. Probably I need to skip the old PTs and focus on new PTs. Would it a good choice to start from 2000? I have gone through 8 PTs of early 1990s and did not very well on them.

Thanks!

totoro

Bronze

Re: Any advice on PTs?

Post by totoro » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:46 am

You should be okay. Doing year 2000 and onwards would still leave you with over half the PT's, which is a reasonable sample. I think most people on here do at least 20-30 PT's; though if you're a bad test taker like me, doing 40-50 PT's gives you a huge confidence boost that you've "seen everything" on the LSAT. If you have any extra time to fit in, you can always use select older PT's as section drills to drill your weaker sections.

I would say pre-2000 tests are most useful for drilling LG's, since they have some types of games that are rarer or rely more on inferences & hard logic than the current games. I find RC to be much more straightforward than more recent tests, so just use older RC's for drills if you have time. I also think LR gets pretty repetitive, you get the feeling they ask you variations of the same questions/topics over the years, though recently the answer choices are much more subtly written, so same thing, just use older LR for drills if you need the practice.

Platinum

Re: Any advice on PTs?

Post by 03152016 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:41 am

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”