JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bombaysippin

Gold

Re:

Post by bombaysippin » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:03 pm

CardozoLaw09 wrote:Some dude where I'm studying right now is studying for the LSAT; first two thoughts that come to mind:

1) I wonder if he's on TLS and 2) I wonder if he knows the test as well as I do.... but then I see he's studying with a Kaplan book so that immediately negates the two questions
Yo something like that JUST happened to me too, except it was 2 other people. It was my first sighting of fellow LSAT prepping people in real life and I was wondering the same things, but then ultimately came to the same conclusions as you after seeing a Kaplan book.

Adam Banks

Bronze

Re: JUNE 2013 Study Group / Study Partner Thread

Post by Adam Banks » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:33 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Does anyone else here use LSATQA.com?
Yea, it was in noodleys study page guide

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:35 pm

sublime wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:Just finished drilling Strengthen. Nec. Assumption. Point. Suff. Assumption. Paradox. and Parallel flaw, all in all I got about -6/56 of all medium to hard questions. Then I redid PT 68 LR1, got -1 on that bitch, fucking question about tears... Then I did PT 62 LR1 got -4 first go, then after review got it down to -2. I don't understand why I put down the wrong answer when I'm timed, then immediately see the flaw in my reasoning the minute I look it over. Anyway, you learn by getting some wrong. Am I right. lol Then I redid my RC section for PT 63 that I got -10 on and this time I came away with -4 after redoing the first and second passage, I didn't really finish the last 2 passages because I was tired of reading this bullshit. I want the test to be over, but I want to do well, lol. Tomorrow I'm gonna hit up PT 67 with LR from PT 59 as a warm up and PT 52 RC as an experimental. I think me going over PT 68 helped get me in the mood, that or the drilling that I did. Either way, I'm probably going to redo PT 63 LR 1 tomorrow before I do anything.

So tomorrow my schedule is:

PT68 LR 2 - to get in the mood, nice and slow
PT59 LR 1 - "just the tip"
PT 67 - to bust my nut
PT 52 RC - to regret my decision [about throwing in an RC experimental]
+ Review / Drilling if necessary / Reading LSAT Trainer
Are you just going through the sections you did the worst on?

And I am going through the LSAT trainer too... around pg 300 but I think it has been quite good so far, particularly on LR. Your thoughts?

ETA: Yea MDLG, I do. But I have only entered one pt so far.

Would you say that the LSAT trainer is better than Manhattan LR ?

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:44 pm

isuperserial

Silver

Re: Re:

Post by isuperserial » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:48 pm

Bajam wrote:
CardozoLaw09 wrote:Some dude where I'm studying right now is studying for the LSAT; first two thoughts that come to mind:

1) I wonder if he's on TLS and 2) I wonder if he knows the test as well as I do.... but then I see he's studying with a Kaplan book so that immediately negates the two questions
Yo something like that JUST happened to me too, except it was 2 other people. It was my first sighting of fellow LSAT prepping people in real life and I was wondering the same things, but then ultimately came to the same conclusions as you after seeing a Kaplan book.
I've been studying in the MLaw Reading Room a lot, and pretty much everyone in there has LSAT or MCAT books out. Pretty much every time I go there, I see a person from my Testmasters course, which is interesting. They probably, like me, are trying to absorb knowledge via osmosis.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

patfeeney

Bronze

Post by patfeeney » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:49 pm

isuperserial wrote: I've been studying in the MLaw Reading Room a lot, and pretty much everyone in there has LSAT or MCAT books out. Pretty much every time I go there, I see a person from my Testmasters course, which is interesting. They probably, like me, are trying to absorb knowledge via osmosis.
How many people here are or have been enrolled in a prep course?

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:52 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Does anyone else here use LSATQA.com?
Yup, 29 tests and plenty of individual questions on there. It's been a great resource

Typhoon24

Silver

Post by Typhoon24 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:21 pm

Just took pt 67. Damn. Now I know what people were crying "Zones" about last year. Scored about 3 points below my average. I pray that the June test is nothing or very little like this PT.

That's not to say that I won't prepare like hell for it! I'm gonna break this prep test into a fine powder and see exactly where I messed up.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

isuperserial

Silver

Post by isuperserial » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:28 pm

patfeeney wrote:
isuperserial wrote: I've been studying in the MLaw Reading Room a lot, and pretty much everyone in there has LSAT or MCAT books out. Pretty much every time I go there, I see a person from my Testmasters course, which is interesting. They probably, like me, are trying to absorb knowledge via osmosis.
How many people here are or have been enrolled in a prep course?
Dude, don't sweat the courses. The best part of the class is the materials they gave me (every LSAT question ever) and the organization of those materials into lessons that allowed you to drill through each question type one at a time. The in-class part of it was, for me, essentially useless. I might learn one mildly useful thing per 4 hour class, if that. The auto-scoring of practice tests and proctored diagnostics was nice though!

That being said, I could see someone who started in the 140s or 150s getting use out of courses, but honestly if you're scoring a 160 or above, this shit will just tell you things you already know.

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:29 pm

mvonh001

Silver

Post by mvonh001 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:41 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
sublime wrote:
mvonh001 wrote:Just finished drilling Strengthen. Nec. Assumption. Point. Suff. Assumption. Paradox. and Parallel flaw, all in all I got about -6/56 of all medium to hard questions. Then I redid PT 68 LR1, got -1 on that bitch, fucking question about tears... Then I did PT 62 LR1 got -4 first go, then after review got it down to -2. I don't understand why I put down the wrong answer when I'm timed, then immediately see the flaw in my reasoning the minute I look it over. Anyway, you learn by getting some wrong. Am I right. lol Then I redid my RC section for PT 63 that I got -10 on and this time I came away with -4 after redoing the first and second passage, I didn't really finish the last 2 passages because I was tired of reading this bullshit. I want the test to be over, but I want to do well, lol. Tomorrow I'm gonna hit up PT 67 with LR from PT 59 as a warm up and PT 52 RC as an experimental. I think me going over PT 68 helped get me in the mood, that or the drilling that I did. Either way, I'm probably going to redo PT 63 LR 1 tomorrow before I do anything.

PT 67 - to bust my nut

And I am going through the LSAT trainer too... around pg 300 but I think it has been quite good so far, particularly on LR. Your thoughts?

Would you say that the LSAT trainer is better than Manhattan LR ?
I would say they are different. But if you learn like me, that is you don't need all of the rules that PS has, then I think the book is phenomenal. It helped me get into -4/-2 territory finally when before I was at -6/-9 with just MLR. I fully endorse it, and I've only read it once through, I have yet to go over sections again for review.
sublime wrote:

PT 67 - to bust my nut

Read above as far as LSAT Trainer goes.

What do you mean just going through the sections that I did worst on? I haven't gone through any of my planned sections for tomorrow except PT 68, and I chose that one, like i did for todays section, because it was recent enough yet far enough in the past that I didn't remember all fo the answers or which ones i got wrong [hence the -1]

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:03 pm

My T-minus 10 days LSAT prep jam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YseOXuNP ... L8TXesH2pg
patfeeney wrote:How many people here are or have been enrolled in a prep course?
I never have.

By the way, is no one going to call out ManoftheHour for pushing us over 180 pages? :wink:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

theycallmefoes

Bronze

Post by theycallmefoes » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:05 pm

Definitely starting to get cold feet. This is my 3rd attempt, and the urge to withdraw and wait until October is getting stronger each day. Freaking out. Anybody else going through this?
Last edited by theycallmefoes on Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mvonh001

Silver

Post by mvonh001 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:08 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:My T-minus 10 days LSAT prep jam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YseOXuNP ... L8TXesH2pg
patfeeney wrote:How many people here are or have been enrolled in a prep course?
I never have.

By the way, is no one going to call out ManoftheHour for pushing us over 180 pages? :wink:

No, no one wants to be that guy who yells at someone over the internet, when there was no legit alternative to this thread. And also because someone in this thread already yelled at DD for taking this thing too seriously... But alas, you are right...

FUCK YOU ManoftheHour

edit: funny video. is it bad that the ad before the video was an ad for Blueprint? Is that universe telling me something....

Naaah fuck that shit.

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:18 pm

Did 65 and 66 both straight through with a short break in between the two. 177 and 179 respectively, but I saw these in February.

mvonh001

Silver

Post by mvonh001 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:24 pm

objection_your_honor wrote:Did 65 and 66 both straight through with a short break in between the two. 177 and 179 respectively, but I saw these in February.
Are you just straight repeating old tests? Do you not have anything new? Why don't you jump down into the 30's or 40's?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

patfeeney

Bronze

Post by patfeeney » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:40 pm

theycallmefoes wrote:Definitely starting to get cold feet. This is my 3rd attempt, and the urge to withdraw and wait until October is getting stronger each day. Freaking out. Anybody else going through this?
This is me right now. If I can't get at least one 172 on a PT before the 10th, I might just not show up.

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:40 pm

mvonh001 wrote:
objection_your_honor wrote:Did 65 and 66 both straight through with a short break in between the two. 177 and 179 respectively, but I saw these in February.
Are you just straight repeating old tests? Do you not have anything new? Why don't you jump down into the 30's or 40's?
I've taken everything at least once at this point.

patfeeney

Bronze

Post by patfeeney » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:41 pm

Oh, so I've noticed a recent trend in errors. Only in the past two weeks or so, about 1/5 or 1/6 of my incorrect answers are simply issues with bubbling. While reviewing, I'll notice that I picked the right answer but filled the wrong bubble.

Shit.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:44 pm

patfeeney wrote:Oh, so I've noticed a recent trend in errors. Only in the past two weeks or so, about 1/5 or 1/6 of my incorrect answers are simply issues with bubbling. While reviewing, I'll notice that I picked the right answer but filled the wrong bubble.

Shit.
I've had a couple tests have a misbubble recently. I'm trying to be super careful and fastidious in bubbling and checking bubbling now. It's made me reconsider how I'll bubble test day.. still think I'm going to go with bubbling after each game and RC passage, and at the end of the section for LR.

What's everyone else's bubbling strat?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

westjr

New

Post by westjr » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:45 pm

I'm currently watching Legally Blonde to get pumped and relax at the same time. Maybe I can pick up some tips...

westjr

New

Post by westjr » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:46 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
patfeeney wrote:Oh, so I've noticed a recent trend in errors. Only in the past two weeks or so, about 1/5 or 1/6 of my incorrect answers are simply issues with bubbling. While reviewing, I'll notice that I picked the right answer but filled the wrong bubble.

Shit.
I've had a couple tests have a misbubble recently. I'm trying to be super careful and fastidious in bubbling and checking bubbling now. It's made me reconsider how I'll bubble test day.. still think I'm going to go with bubbling after each game and RC passage, and at the end of the section for LR.

I do the same. I just switched to LR at the end of the section, but if I get the "five minutes remaining" warning before I'm finished, then I finish the question and start bubbling.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:49 pm

westjr wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:

Shit.

I do the same. I just switched to LR at the end of the section, but if I get the "five minutes remaining" warning before I'm finished, then I finish the question and start bubbling.
Oh yeah, I should have specified that I do the same thing. For every section, I bubble whatever I've got (that hasn't been bubbled yet) at the 5-minute warning, and then I bubble each question as I do it until time is up.

objection_your_honor

Silver

Post by objection_your_honor » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:08 pm

TCR is to spit on the scantron for good luck.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”