October LSAT score--need advice about games timing! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
feetjustgo

New

October LSAT score--need advice about games timing!

Post by feetjustgo » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:09 pm

I took the October LSAT and just got my score back. I got a 171, which I know is a good score, but I’m honestly a little heartbroken because I expected to be in the 99th percentile. I got every single logical reasoning question, but I choked during the games and had to guess on 8 (!) questions. I began studying untimed when I should have been timing myself from the beginning--time on the games section is my weak area, although my accuracy is good.

I studied by myself using the Power Score LG book. No classes, internet forums or anything interactive, but now I really need advice and don’t know where to turn. Should I retake the LSAT in December? Is a month (realistically doing 4-5 games a night for practice) enough time to speed up my games performance? Has anyone brought their per game time down significantly? What did you do and how long did it take?

For background info, I want to go to UNC. I am in-state and my GPA is a 3.0 (goes up to a 3.4 when you take out my first semester in college as a 17 year old high school dropout).

Thanks for any advice!

Justin Genious

Bronze

Re: October LSAT score--need advice about games timing!

Post by Justin Genious » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:27 pm

ED UVA or Duke, with the latter obviously being a better choice if you want to stay in NC. Duke gives out a 15k grant to all admitted ED applicants that apply for need-based scholarship consideration.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”