February 2013 LSAT Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
TheThriller

Gold

Re: February 2013 LSAT Study Group

Post by TheThriller » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:13 am

Day #4

LG: 14/15. Dumb mistake. Also got tripped up on 1 game because I misread a rule. But I found my mistake and proceeded -0. I was sitting there wondering why it the game was so darn hard.
LR: 33/39. I pretty much did made a "Best of the hardest Inference Questions" prep section and I guess the results showed. Luckily I have time to drill these types of question! Most of them just point to the fact that I a) misread the stimulus, or b) need to sure up my reasoning a bit.

Overall, pretty tired! But hey, my Hoosiers won today!

griffin.811

Bronze

Post by griffin.811 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:46 pm

Drilling "in/out" till I can't do anymore. If anyone remembers any specifically troubling one, let me know!

BlueJeanBaby

Silver

Post by BlueJeanBaby » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:40 pm

Starting my official preparation on Tuesday. Anyone retaking from a lower or mid 160s that wants to partner up? I tend to stay on track better when I have someone helping me enforce deadlines haha.

steel_shot

Bronze

Post by steel_shot » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:51 pm

Wow, that make up test was so hard today. I honestly think I'll be joining this group for the rewrite.

Archangel

Bronze

Post by Archangel » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:14 pm

8)
Last edited by Archangel on Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:14 pm

Solid night of drilling, only missed a few questions due to misreads (I was focused more on my sandwhich then on the questions).

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:27 pm

Essay due tomorrow so I had to cut back on the drilling a bit.

A few games, went -1 after misreading a rule (I need to get more focused and aware)

LR drilling on Assumptions, -2, eliminated the right answer immediately in both cases, which means that I am either skimming the answer choices or just not understanding. Given that both came near the end of the section, I am more inclined to go with the former.

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:22 am

Looks like it's a week of essays, so I am bouncing back and forth between lsat prep and homework.

LG: -0
LR: Drilled Point of Disagreement, 14/15
RC: -1

Taking PT41 on Friday to see where I am at, anyone is welcome to take it as well and buddy up on review with me and the legend himself (you guys will get to know him when he shows his facey face in this forum again).

BlueJeanBaby

Silver

Post by BlueJeanBaby » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:41 pm

I was looking at my schedule of what I'll be able to reasonably do and it looks like I'll be able to take and study from about 14-15 tests between now and February's test date. Do you guys think that is enough? I am a retake but I've taken about 2 total practice tests before. I imagined each test would take about 3 hours to review and go over my mistakes and try to understand why I made them.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

griffin.811

Bronze

Post by griffin.811 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:30 pm

BlueJeanBaby wrote:I was looking at my schedule of what I'll be able to reasonably do and it looks like I'll be able to take and study from about 14-15 tests between now and February's test date. Do you guys think that is enough? I am a retake but I've taken about 2 total practice tests before. I imagined each test would take about 3 hours to review and go over my mistakes and try to understand why I made them.
Thats barely enough time to take the test (unless you can really fly through the sections). Also very little time to review unless you make very few mistakes.

gobosox

Bronze

Post by gobosox » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:32 pm

BlueJeanBaby wrote:I was looking at my schedule of what I'll be able to reasonably do and it looks like I'll be able to take and study from about 14-15 tests between now and February's test date. Do you guys think that is enough? I am a retake but I've taken about 2 total practice tests before. I imagined each test would take about 3 hours to review and go over my mistakes and try to understand why I made them.
I am doing every test. Unless you're a) a person who took a cold 175 PT or b) shooting for the mid-160s, I think 15 is too low.

I have a full time job and really like drinking beer, but I'm going to make it work.

gobosox

Bronze

Post by gobosox » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:35 pm

TheThriller wrote:Looks like it's a week of essays, so I am bouncing back and forth between lsat prep and homework.

LR: Drilled Point of Disagreement, 14/15
RC: -1

Taking PT41 on Friday to see where I am at, anyone is welcome to take it as well and buddy up on review with me and the legend himself (you guys will get to know him when he shows his facey face in this forum again).
I'd be down to take 41 on Friday. I took 40 last Thursday and got a 169... Very disappointing.

lsatkid007

Bronze

Post by lsatkid007 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:24 pm

I am currently working on my RC. Trying to do at least 3 passage a day. It' takes me about 30 to 35 mins per passages. I am still trying to see the patterns and I didn't read for shit in my UG. So I have to make a massive improvement in how I read and how much I read. I am also working on grouping games matching and In & out. Linear games I am ok still like to do them at work at break time. LR is blah. Some days I can go -1 or -2 in 30 and some days I'm -6 straight. I am in the drilling process. I hope to take a PT soon to see where I stand.

The test is like my wife sometimes I love it and sometimes I wish I could strangle it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

BlueJeanBaby

Silver

Post by BlueJeanBaby » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:29 pm

griffin.811 wrote:
Thats barely enough time to take the test (unless you can really fly through the sections). Also very little time to review unless you make very few mistakes.
I meant 3 hours on top of how long it takes for each test. Sorry that was confusing. I imagined each test would require about 7 hours of time total between taking the test and reviewing it.

BlueJeanBaby

Silver

Post by BlueJeanBaby » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:31 pm

gobosox wrote:
I am doing every test. Unless you're a) a person who took a cold 175 PT or b) shooting for the mid-160s, I think 15 is too low.

I have a full time job and really like drinking beer, but I'm going to make it work.
haha! Yea I have a job and like beer too, but I'm only shooting for about a 2-3 point gain on my current score to try to get some $$ or off a few waitlists.

gobosox

Bronze

Post by gobosox » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:20 pm

BlueJeanBaby wrote:
gobosox wrote:

haha! Yea I have a job and like beer too, but I'm only shooting for about a 2-3 point gain on my current score to try to get some $$ or off a few waitlists.
Read Noodleyone's guide for retakers. I'm taking it the first time and following it-- I think it's the smartest approach. It's more scientific than the others and tracking things assiduously tailors your prep towards your weaknesses. Def can help a couple points, IMO.

josh321

New

Post by josh321 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:12 pm

Just taking a course from BP, about to finish it and looking for a study partner online, Score isn't so high, but I'm reviewing the material on my own, combining PS Books and BP Books, to see if I can get any extra help, if you're interested in studying message me or reply here. :D Good Luck to all :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

BlueJeanBaby

Silver

Post by BlueJeanBaby » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:27 pm

josh321 wrote:Just taking a course from BP, about to finish it and looking for a study partner online, Score isn't so high, but I'm reviewing the material on my own, combining PS Books and BP Books, to see if I can get any extra help, if you're interested in studying message me or reply here. :D Good Luck to all :)
Hey! I'm interested in a study partner-- to review but also to help me stay on track with my studying and help enforce deadlines :).

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:09 am

Drilled:

LR: Weaken and Strengthen 22/26 (-3 from Weaken, -1 from Strengthen)
RC: -0

I think I found one of my weaknesses (no pun intended). As of now, it looks like I need to focus on drilling assumption questions. Albeit I wasn't feeling very mentally in it today. But no excuses. I will be spending much of the next 2 weeks really really really drilling the hell out of assumptions, weaken and strengthen questions.

PT41 on Friday with a discussion Friday/Saturday.

gobosox

Bronze

Post by gobosox » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:36 pm

TheThriller wrote:
PT41 on Friday with a discussion Friday/Saturday.
Down. I'll try to remember to do that one...

I did PT 17 between yesterday and today, all by individual section (fully timed section, review extensively) and I got -4 overall, for a 179 (PT 17 has a -15 curve!). Awesome nonetheless, especially since I got -2 in LG, which I usually am pretty good at... Gotta translate that into full prep test performance.

BlueJeanBaby

Silver

Post by BlueJeanBaby » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:39 am

I started using LSATqa today! Yay! I entered my original LSAT into it and it revealed to me that I pretty much missed the last 3-4 questions of EVERY section. I know I finished all the sections. Do the questions get more difficult as they go and are most difficult at the end, or is this a sign that I need to work on pacing myself so I'm not burnt out at the end of each section?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

steel_shot

Bronze

Post by steel_shot » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:32 pm

Just got back my (lost) october score at a 161, so fucking disappointing. I'll be writing with you guys february though. Any other retakers here following noodley's guide?

BlueJeanBaby

Silver

Post by BlueJeanBaby » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:21 pm

Ordered tests 52-65 and Manhattan's LR and RC guides today.

Starting this weekend on the LG Bible and PTing on Monday with PT #50. Ready aaaaand go!

mmuchix

New

Post by mmuchix » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm just going to start stuyding for the test. I have the bibles but haven't started reading them yet. Any suggestions for a study schedule and any outline I could follow. I am also thinking on taking the powerscore test prep in Miami during January, anyone doing the same?

Also, what are the chanches of taking the feb lsat and applying for this upcoming cycle. Will T14 schools wait for feb lsat scores?

Thanks!!!

gobosox

Bronze

Post by gobosox » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:32 pm

Took PT 41 today... 170, -12. I went -5 on RC, which killed me, -2 on games, and -2/-3 on LR.

Disappointing that I'm not seeing a lot of improvement yet, but working on it. Going to try and review some tomorrow.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”