Why doesn't LSAC offer expedited grading for the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
abcde12345

Bronze

Re: Why doesn't LSAC offer expedited grading for the LSAT

Post by abcde12345 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:51 am

RCinDNA wrote:It could be doable if candidates paid a fee to have their responses input into a program right after the test. 3-12 hours later, they should at least get a raw score, and a score band based upon 150/50% with an average curve. LSAC could even include a disclaimer reminding people that this score has not been weighed according to the curve for this particular testing session and etc.
That's a good idea. There are some problems with it, of course, such as how do you actually go about implementing these machines? Assuming that you use registered machines to input responses, that gets very expensive. Also, how do you trust the proctors, who, in this case, become responsible for much more than simply checking how may sheets there are?

Davidbentley

Bronze

Post by Davidbentley » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:09 am

Jesus Christ. This thread is about as useful as debating the ideal height for a unicorn jockey.

abcde12345

Bronze

Post by abcde12345 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:37 am

Davidbentley wrote:Jesus Christ. This thread is about as useful as debating the ideal height for a unicorn jockey.
Which sounds like a wonderful and fun debate.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:22 am

Davidbentley wrote:Jesus Christ. This thread is about as useful as debating the ideal height for a unicorn jockey.

4 feet 11 and 3/4 inches

RCinDNA

Bronze

Post by RCinDNA » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:43 am

northwood wrote:

4 feet 11 and 3/4 inches
I disagree. Clearly, 5 feet 3 and 100-112 lbs is ideal. A unicorn is said to be 14 - 14.5 hands tall, and if we judge the weight of the horn to bring the total weight to 1,150 or so lbs, a jockey of above average weight is clearly needed.

Supporting References:
Height of a Unicorn: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_tall_are_unicorns

I suppose it's sad that while typing this response in an attempt to be humorous at my desk at work before my green tea kicks in, I was thinking of the contrapositives, mapping out the structure, identifying the conclusion & premises, thinking about a point of disagreement question and how a sufficient or necessary assumption question would look with that statement.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:19 am

RCinDNA wrote:
northwood wrote:

4 feet 11 and 3/4 inches
I disagree. Clearly, 5 feet 3 and 100-112 lbs is ideal. A unicorn is said to be 14 - 14.5 hands tall, and if we judge the weight of the horn to bring the total weight to 1,150 or so lbs, a jockey of above average weight is clearly needed.

Supporting References:
Height of a Unicorn: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_tall_are_unicorns

I suppose it's sad that while typing this response in an attempt to be humorous at my desk at work before my green tea kicks in, I was thinking of the contrapositives, mapping out the structure, identifying the conclusion & premises, thinking about a point of disagreement question and how a sufficient or necessary assumption question would look with that statement.

how are we going to ensure that the unicorns dont stab other jockeys during said race? Some sort of unicorn protector or sheath?

I was thinking you might need the jockey to be around 5'1 and 1/4. The key is to have strong core. Might have to find a jockey who is willing to bulk up- because it could be hard to hold on if the unicorns start to fly or there is too much turbulance/ need to protect oneself from the unicorn.

a bigger and heavier jockey might be more difficult for owner to comprehend, though espeically since they are adament about a smaller and lighter jockey and used to those jockeys.

wonder if the animals need special shoes??

dingbat

Gold

Post by dingbat » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:27 am

northwood wrote:how are we going to ensure that the unicorns dont stab other jockeys during said race? Some sort of unicorn protector or sheath?
Unicorn racing is a blood sport

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:14 pm

dingbat wrote:
northwood wrote:how are we going to ensure that the unicorns dont stab other jockeys during said race? Some sort of unicorn protector or sheath?
Unicorn racing is a blood sport

Yes... Question can these unicorns fly? If so are there parachutes available? Or if jockey falls off... Too bad??

I should be paying attention in class but this is much more relevant to my interests

CyanIdes Of March

Silver

Post by CyanIdes Of March » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:13 pm

This sounds like it could had been a perfect Family Guy cut away.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”