Don't F**k Up on December Again! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tepper

Bronze

Don't F**k Up on December Again!

Post by tepper » Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:53 am

Peace Out!!
Last edited by tepper on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sparty99

Gold

Re: IS LAW SCHOOL REALLY RIGHT FOR YOU?

Post by sparty99 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:12 am

tepper wrote:No offense or anything, but seriously, those of you who took the LSAT today and kept on wondering whether or not if you should cancel, perhaps law school is not right for you. I'm not saying this to piss you off or make you feel worse, but realistically, you should think carefully about this whole law school thing.

I'm currently a 2L at a respectable law school, and I tell you, if you can't handle the LSAT pressure during the real deal, think about LAW SCHOOLS EXAMS which counts for your entire grades, and think about the job searching process and the OCI bullshit, and ultimately the BAR EXAM. And once you have the "privilege" to work for a large law firm, your partner will be crashing down on your ass and make you work 15 hours a day. Think about all that shit before you decide on retaking.

If you fuck up under pressure, or you're really not sure why you wanna go to law school (which I suspect most people don't have a clue), then think about that first, perhaps you wanna choose another career path. Being a lawyer is NOT the most promising career in the world.

Yes, it's fucking cool to make 160k a year (which I will be, starting in 2014), but the time and sacrifice you make is equally big.
Why are you wasting people's time? You don't even know if you'll be making 160k because you don't have an offer for full time employment. Also, as a 2L, you should know that law school exams are not remotely comparable to the LSAT.

tfer2222

Bronze

Post by tfer2222 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:16 am

sparty99 wrote:
tepper wrote:No offense or anything, but seriously, those of you who took the LSAT today and kept on wondering whether or not if you should cancel, perhaps law school is not right for you. I'm not saying this to piss you off or make you feel worse, but realistically, you should think carefully about this whole law school thing.

I'm currently a 2L at a respectable law school, and I tell you, if you can't handle the LSAT pressure during the real deal, think about LAW SCHOOLS EXAMS which counts for your entire grades, and think about the job searching process and the OCI bullshit, and ultimately the BAR EXAM. And once you have the "privilege" to work for a large law firm, your partner will be crashing down on your ass and make you work 15 hours a day. Think about all that shit before you decide on retaking.

If you fuck up under pressure, or you're really not sure why you wanna go to law school (which I suspect most people don't have a clue), then think about that first, perhaps you wanna choose another career path. Being a lawyer is NOT the most promising career in the world.

Yes, it's fucking cool to make 160k a year (which I will be, starting in 2014), but the time and sacrifice you make is equally big.
Why are you wasting people's time? You don't even know if you'll be making 160k because you don't have an offer for full time employment. Also, as a 2L, you should know that law school exams are not remotely comparable to the LSAT.
Ditto Sparty. I sucked at/hated the LSAT but I'm really good at law school exams. Also, several well-qualified kids at my 2L summer firm got no-offered, so don't get too cocky.

that said, law school is a turrible idea for most right now.

tepper

Bronze

Post by tepper » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:21 am

sparty99 wrote:

Not trying to waste anyone time here, all I wanted to say was people should think carefully about law school before torturing themselves with the LSAT.

BlaqBella

Silver

Post by BlaqBella » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:30 am

A few facts to put things into context for those reading this thread:

1. OP attends Boston College of Law, which, according to LSP (LawSchoolTransparency), has a 68% placement of full-time employment and 23% under-employed. Starting salaries are unknown for this law school. I will take that "respectable law school" comment with a grain of salt.

2. OP has posted similar threads in the past. It appears to be routine for him/her.

OP, apparently you're under the impression that every law school applicants wants BIGLAW. Many do not. Moreover, as someone who has worked in BIGLAW, I am aware that partners are not "crashing down your ass making you work 15 hours a day". It's the clients who demand such hours and for junior associates, most work is channeled from senior associates and seldom from partners until you prove yourself. And FYI, the arbitrary number of 15 hours/day is not the standard. Most of your work schedule will be determined by two things: 1) need/how busy your department and 2) your work product.

I would advise any prospective law student reading this thread that your decision to cancel is in no way a reflection of your ability to succeed in law school (Boston College of Law, included). Rather, it shows that you understand how serious this test is in determining your future prospects. Just go in there next time knowing that this test is conquerable and you will destroy it.
Last edited by BlaqBella on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gaud

Platinum

Post by gaud » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:32 am

LOL You go gurlll
BlaqBella wrote:I would advise any prospective law student reading this thread that your decision to cancel is in no way a reflection of your ability to succeed in law school (Boston College of Law, included). Rather, it shows that you understand how serious this test is in determining your future prospects. Just go in there next time knowing that this test is conquerable and you will destroy it.

+1 as to retaking

ETA: OP is right in that people should definitely consider the reasons they are putting themselves through so much stress though.

Will_Imake_it

New

Post by Will_Imake_it » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:43 am

BlaqBella wrote:A few facts to put things into context for those reading this thread:

1. OP attends Boston College of Law, which, according to LSP (LawSchoolTransparency), has a 68% placement of full-time employment and 23% under-employed. Starting salaries are unknown for this law school. I will take that "respectable law school" comment with a grain of salt.

2. OP has posted similar threads in the past. It appears to be routine for him/her.

OP, apparently you're under the impression that every law school applicants wants BIGLAW. Many do not. Moreover, as someone who has worked in BIGLAW, I am aware that partners are not "crashing down your ass making you work 15 hours a day". It's the clients who demand such hours and for junior associates, most work is channeled from senior associates and seldom from partners until you prove yourself. And FYI, the arbitrary number of 15 hours/day is not the standard. Most of your work schedule will be determined by two things: 1) need/how busy your department and 2) your work product.

I would advise any prospective law student reading this thread that your decision to cancel is in no way a reflection of your ability to succeed in law school (Boston College of Law, included). Rather, it shows that you understand how serious this test is in determining your future prospects. Just go in there next time knowing that this test is conquerable and you will destroy it.
burn.

tepper

Bronze

Post by tepper » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:43 am

BlaqBella wrote:A few facts to put things into context for those reading this thread:

Apparently you took the time to read through my past post from over a year ago, congrats on wasting your time. Since you like to dig for information, FYI I'm no longer at BC, I transferred to another law school in Washington DC this year. But for what it's worth, BC was a great school, and it is a respectable law school, so please don't try to use your unreliable data to suggest otherwise.
Last edited by tepper on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

A.Taarabt7

Bronze

Post by A.Taarabt7 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:44 am

op is a [homophobic language redacted]

nuff said. op loves to troll and rustle the jimmies

User has been warned and banned.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

BlaqBella

Silver

Post by BlaqBella » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:47 am

tepper wrote:Yes, it's fucking cool to make 160k a year (which I will be, starting in 2014), but the time and sacrifice you make is equally big.
You must be a special snowflake. Most 160k/year firms do not provide permanent offers until after you've summered with them which for you would be in Summer 2013. Moreover, you haven't even sat and passed the bar exam yet (more often than not, you being kept as a firm employee is contingent on this).

Yet, you're able to infer all of the above two years in advance?

Please grant me access rights to such foresight. You're one of a kind. :lol: :lol:

tepper

Bronze

Post by tepper » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:48 am

alright people, I'm out, Later! Don't fuck it up again in December.

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:50 am

Um. It's entirely possible (likely?) that you will be no offered for being a pretentious dick.

Plenty of people cancelled/retook and did fine in law school.

Richie Tenenbaum

Gold

Post by Richie Tenenbaum » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:54 am

This isn't a very helpful message. I was really nervous about taking the LSAT. I took it three times and the first two times I had trouble sleeping the night before. The LSAT can actually be more important than law school exams. (Example: A few points on the LSAT can make or break you for admissions at schools like CCN. But the different between a B or B+ (or a point or two for Chicago) on any particular exam will not make or break you--at some schools the more important part is actually getting into the school.)

Even at schools where you need to do fairly well to be competitive for biglaw, a person who stressed out about the LSAT can do well on law school exams. It's just a different experience. Yes, a person who is having panic attacks and who is going absolutely crazy about the pressure might be in trouble. But someone who just is stressed out and considering canceling? Hell, I thought I absolutely screwed up on my last take and would have considered cancelling if that had been my first take experience, even though I ended up scoring above my average. I've been able to do well in law school (and, yes, there are law school exams I wish I could have "cancelled" immediately after taking them).

Also, you might want to take it easy on already claiming to have biglaw lined up post-law school as a 2L, unless you actually have already received a post-law school offer. Even if you are going to a firm with a history of 100% offer rates, there's no reason to jinx it.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tepper

Bronze

Post by tepper » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:55 am

BlaqBella wrote:
tepper wrote:Yes, it's fucking cool to make 160k a year (which I will be, starting in 2014), but the time and sacrifice you make is equally big.
You must be a special snowflake. Most 160k/year firms do not provide permanent offers until after you've summered with them which for you would be in Summer 2013. Moreover, you haven't even sat and passed the bar exam yet (more often than not, you being kept as a firm employee is contingent on this).

Yet, you're able to infer all of the above two years in advance?

Please grant me access rights to such foresight. You're one of a kind. :lol: :lol:
before I go, are you a girl? Do you happen to be in DC? we should go out, we're already getting along so well here.

tepper

Bronze

Post by tepper » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:03 am

dextermorgan wrote:Um. It's entirely possible (likely?) that you will be no offered for being a pretentious dick.

plenty of dicks in law school, get used to it.

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:09 am

tepper wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:Um. It's entirely possible (likely?) that you will be no offered for being a pretentious dick.

I'm in law school you dumbshit.

tepper

Bronze

Post by tepper » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:10 am

dextermorgan wrote:
tepper wrote:

and you don't think you're a dick? nuff said lol

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:15 am

tepper wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:
tepper wrote:

and you don't think you're a dick? nuff said lol
Did I ever say I wasn't a dick? What I said was that you will likely be no offered for being a pretentious dick, because you are too fucking stupid to hide it for three months while attempting to do work while trolling 0Ls. I mean, how pathetic do you have to be to troll 0Ls?

CyanIdes Of March

Silver

Post by CyanIdes Of March » Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:45 am

tepper wrote:

Damn you're an attention whore. Go away please. You'd think such a hard core, self assured success story like yourself would be able to use basic grammar rules and capitalize letters while he's scolding others from his lofty "I had to transfer to get into a better school but I feel confident berating others for cancelling LSAT scores" tower, but you'd be wrong.

EvilClinton

Bronze

Post by EvilClinton » Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:33 am

You sound like an asshole. Kindly get off your high horse and leave these people alone.

Also, the last line is the most obvious humblebrag in the history of this site.

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:10 am

Wasn't there a well-publicized article about a 3L begging BCLaw to give him his money back in exchange for his walking away form his diploma? http://abovethelaw.com/2010/10/boston-c ... ty-ensues/

Also...consider this article: http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot. ... -dead.html

There is some truth to what OP said.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:24 am

tepper wrote:

Apparently you took the time to read through my past post from over a year ago, congrats on wasting your time. Since you like to dig for information, FYI I'm no longer at BC, I transferred to another law school in Washington DC this year. But for what it's worth, BC was a great school, and it is a respectable law school, so please don't try to use your unreliable data to suggest otherwise.
GULC and GWU have similar job prospects to BC. Good job 'trading up.'
Last edited by alwayssunnyinfl on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tepper

Bronze

Re: Don't Fuck Up on December Again!

Post by tepper » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:22 pm

Later! Have fun studying!

jmart154

New

Post by jmart154 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:43 pm

tepper wrote:Later! Have fun studying!
Yet you keep coming back. Acting macho, but no one takes you seriously. Like James Dean hopping on his motorcycle to leave after sticking the mayor's wife, but can't bring himself to leave because he wants to play in the garden.

tepper

Bronze

Post by tepper » Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:49 pm

jmart154 wrote:
tepper wrote:Later! Have fun studying!
Yet you keep coming back. Acting macho, but no one takes you seriously. Like James Dean hopping on his motorcycle to leave after sticking the mayor's wife, but can't bring himself to leave because he wants to play in the garden.
I don't care lol. Loser 0Ls.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”