cancel at the test Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bleh

New

cancel at the test

Post by bleh » Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:57 pm

Hi,

I'm planning on taking the Dec LSAT.
If I cancel it at the test center, will it show on my record as cancelled?
and, I remember there was a discussion about that you can take 3 times maximum..? Or maybe that was a suggestion? Or maybe I made it up and I convinced myself to believe it.

Yea so two questions:
If I cancel it at the test center, will it show on my record?
How many times can I take the LSAT? (as many as I want? or 3 times?)

Thanks!!!

cashew

New

Re: cancel at the test

Post by cashew » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:11 pm

Cancel will show up the same whether you cancel it on or after test day. You can take the LSAT three times in two years.

d0rklord

Bronze

Post by d0rklord » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:11 pm

Yes, if you cancel it will show up.

You can take the LSAT 3 times, in 2 years...

If I recall correctly, a cancelled LSAT sitting "counts" towards one of your 3 times (in 2 years).

:)

GirlStop

Bronze

Post by GirlStop » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:52 pm

I have a piggy-back question: By take we are referring to actually sitting for the test, not registering and then being absent/cancelling etc... right?

hobojarpen

Bronze

Post by hobojarpen » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:02 pm

Is it really 3 times in 2 years? I took it for the third (and thankfully) the last time last month. Since I was worried about that limit I checked LSAC and it said 4 times in 2 years. So unless they changed that policy in the last 2-3 months, that's what I'm aware of the policy being.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

caminante

Bronze

Post by caminante » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:08 pm

GirlStop wrote:I have a piggy-back question: By take we are referring to actually sitting for the test, not registering and then being absent/cancelling etc... right?
Sitting for the test and canceling both count as taking the test. I do not believe that an absence or canceling in advance of the test counts.
hobojarpen wrote:Is it really 3 times in 2 years? I took it for the third (and thankfully) the last time last month. Since I was worried about that limit I checked LSAC and it said 4 times in 2 years. So unless they changed that policy in the last 2-3 months, that's what I'm aware of the policy being.
It is definitely 3 times in 2 years. Per the LSAC website: "You may not take the LSAT more than three times in any two-year period. This policy applies even if you cancel your score or if your score is not otherwise reported. LSAC reserves the right to cancel your registration, rescind your admission ticket, or take any other steps necessary to enforce this policy."

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:10 pm

If you do not cancel the day BEFORE the test, it counts as one of your takes and shows up on the report.

bleh

New

Post by bleh » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:40 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:If you do not cancel the day BEFORE the test, it counts as one of your takes and shows up on the report.
Thanks. good answer.
Does it mean that nothing would show up if I withdraw by the test date?

SA1928

Bronze

Post by SA1928 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:36 pm

bleh wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:If you do not cancel the day BEFORE the test, it counts as one of your takes and shows up on the report.
Thanks. good answer.
Does it mean that nothing would show up if I withdraw by the test date?
Yeah, if you withdraw, nothing shows up at all, it doesn't count against you and the schools will never know you were registered...you have until midnight before the test to withdraw.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”