International Test Takers! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sandwiches5000

Bronze

Re: International Test Takers!

Post by sandwiches5000 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:40 am

That was somewhat needlessly emo. Let's keep this shiz positive. 8)

ds.princess

New

Post by ds.princess » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:48 am

yea... that pretty sums up my current thoughts.... where did everyone take their tests?

sandwiches5000

Bronze

Post by sandwiches5000 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:17 am

I took it at Yonsei in Seoul.

twaswoo

New

Post by twaswoo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:17 am

apparently they often release the scores on friday on the week before the score release date, but yeah tuesday would be awesome.

and @jeffort: calm down. i see that you're trying hard not to budge, citing LSAC's computer technology and such (sources please?), but really, people who posted on those threads mentioned questions that match our questions exactly. not only that, the 4 RC passages topics AND their order were exactly the same as ours. same with LG - same game types, same order. and you can believe us on this, we were the ones who took the exam last week, not you.

if LSAC actually does have that program you mentioned that spits out a whole new LSAT section from a question bank, i'm seriously confused as to how the program would work on RC or LG sections, and how that program supports what you're suggesting - that the same questions mentioned in those threads were just a few, and that the rest of the exam was probably different. if LSAC does use that program, that they'd need to make many questions for every individual RC topics and LG games. they would have to have a question bank for each topic and game. and i really doubt that they do that. the program could, however, work with LR, as each question stands alone in that section. but still, all the LR questions that were mentioned were included in our test. i wonder what would be the chance of them mentioning only the questions that happened to be re-used 2 years later.

so - regardless of whether LSAC has/uses that program or not, what we had last week was probably the feb 2009 exam. LR could have been partly different (i doubt that), but RC and LR were most likely exactly the same. i've looked at many threads from the past regarding the international exams, and many of them also found their exams to be the same as one of the previously administered undisclosed exams. there was one person in one of those threads, i forget who it was, who took a same exam twice, a couple years apart. he took an LSAT in the US, and later on he took another LSAT in an overseas location, and apparently they were the same. yes, like you said, that's hearsay, but to suggest that that person, and all the others who found their questions to be the same as the ones mentioned by people who took an earlier exam were making those things up would be unreasonable. and more importantly and relevently, we are not making this up. we really had those questions, RC topics, and games on our exam.

and also, like sandwiches5000, i find it puzzling how you were being so hostile to me. i don't know what that is, but i certainly did not go "bat$hit crazy." must you really take someone merely suggesting something that might prove you to be wrong as a personal attack? even after three years in law school?

twaswoo

New

Post by twaswoo » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:21 am

sandwiches5000 wrote:I took it at Yonsei in Seoul.
also took it at yonsei. i was pleasantly surprised when they had a room where we could leave our bags. i had a friend who goes to yonsei coming along with me so that i could use his locker, but that turned out to be unnecessary... haha.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

tdicks

Bronze

Post by tdicks » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:29 am

i took it in shanghai. after reading all the forum posts pertaining to this test and the feb 09 test, i've decided i got either a 180 or a 125. i'm awful at guessing how i did on these things, but walked out thinking with a -10 curve i was at best case scenario 180 and worst case 170. the more i think about it and read the forums, the lower my worst case scenario score gets, and the less likely i think my best case scenario is. so as much as i hate waiting, they can keep my score for another month or so, that way when i get a 150, i will be pleasantly surprised because it's not the 122 i thought i was getting :)

in all seriousness though, waiting sucks. i want my score RIGHT NOW. really jealous of the GRE/GMAT kids who get their scores the second they finish!

sandwiches5000

Bronze

Post by sandwiches5000 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:36 am

twaswoo wrote:
and also, like sandwiches5000, i find it puzzling how you were being so hostile to me. i don't know what that is, but i certainly did not go "bat$hit crazy." must you really take someone merely suggesting something that might prove you to be wrong as a personal attack? even after three years in law school?

Lol. I had to read this twice. Go back to the first page and look at the quoted reply carefully. I never called you "batsh$!" anything. That was Jeffort. Actually, when I went back and read it again I thought I was the one going batsh$! crazy because it really looks like I said that if you read it quickly.

I have no hostilities towards you. In fact, I largely agree with you that it was probably the February 2009 exam and I commend you on your skills as a forum sleuth.

Oh, but also re: Yonsei safety. Yay Korea! I probably never would have left my crap in a pile like that in America. I would have been too paranoid. Gross generalization/false sense of security, I know. But yeah.
Last edited by sandwiches5000 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

sandwiches5000

Bronze

Post by sandwiches5000 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:39 am

tdicks wrote:i took it in shanghai. after reading all the forum posts pertaining to this test and the feb 09 test, i've decided i got either a 180 or a 125. i'm awful at guessing how i did on these things, but walked out thinking with a -10 curve i was at best case scenario 180 and worst case 170. the more i think about it and read the forums, the lower my worst case scenario score gets, and the less likely i think my best case scenario is. so as much as i hate waiting, they can keep my score for another month or so, that way when i get a 150, i will be pleasantly surprised because it's not the 122 i thought i was getting :)

in all seriousness though, waiting sucks. i want my score RIGHT NOW. really jealous of the GRE/GMAT kids who get their scores the second they finish!
tdicks. I hear ya. I'm in the same boat. I don't think that I scored less than 170 *knocking on my wooden leg* unless I seriously screwed up the bubble sheet. Really I could be anywhere between 170-179. (I know I got one wrong.) Mlehhhhhh. Waiting sucks.

ds.princess

New

Post by ds.princess » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:14 am

Sandwhich: which one did you think you got wrong?

tdicks: reading your post just made me feel like I relived the last few days coming out of the lsat. Got out; thinking to myself 'Hey that really wasn't so bad. 3 wrong at least, but can make 170+ with a -10"
read the forum and everyday my expectation lowers more. right now i'm feeling a 165. Who knows, when the real scores come out I might be feeling a 150. GRRRRRRRRRRR this is so frustrating. I'm going crazy.

Took it in Beijing. Seems like the only one so far...?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

sandwiches5000

Bronze

Post by sandwiches5000 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:47 am

lol. I know how you feel. I thought I only got 3 wrong coming out of the test but who really knows. I could have a 150 for all I know.

I got the last one on the first arguments section wrong because I ran out of time. I know it's wrong because I comprehended the question/answers as the proctor called time and I quickly scribbled down whatever.

:(

lalananny

New

Post by lalananny » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:19 am

it really is a long wait. I feel terrible because i think i bombed the RC because between question 15~25 or so I noticed that I didn't have any answer a or b. Around these area i only had c ~ e. Did you have well-distributed form of answer choices?

I only had about 3 hours of sleep before the test. This makes me feel even worse now that I'm waiting. And I guessed about 3 questions in the LR section 5, which means i really should be lucky to have all those guessed answers right.

Also I wasn't sure about 1 question on fertilizer game.

Now that I have some wrong answers, 170 + seems like a fairy tale.

And many people are saying that it was relatively an easy test.

ds.princess

New

Post by ds.princess » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:48 am

Really? people have been saying that its a relatively easy test?? uh oh... that's not good news for me. Did everyone else think it was relatively easy? Apart from the F/I game...?

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:48 pm

twaswoo wrote:apparently they often release the scores on friday on the week before the score release date, but yeah tuesday would be awesome.

and @jeffort: calm down. i see that you're trying hard not to budge, citing LSAC's computer technology and such (sources please?), but really, people who posted on those threads mentioned questions that match our questions exactly. not only that, the 4 RC passages topics AND their order were exactly the same as ours. same with LG - same game types, same order. and you can believe us on this, we were the ones who took the exam last week, not you.

if LSAC actually does have that program you mentioned that spits out a whole new LSAT section from a question bank, i'm seriously confused as to how the program would work on RC or LG sections, and how that program supports what you're suggesting - that the same questions mentioned in those threads were just a few, and that the rest of the exam was probably different. if LSAC does use that program, that they'd need to make many questions for every individual RC topics and LG games. they would have to have a question bank for each topic and game. and i really doubt that they do that. the program could, however, work with LR, as each question stands alone in that section. but still, all the LR questions that were mentioned were included in our test. i wonder what would be the chance of them mentioning only the questions that happened to be re-used 2 years later.

so - regardless of whether LSAC has/uses that program or not, what we had last week was probably the feb 2009 exam. LR could have been partly different (i doubt that), but RC and LR were most likely exactly the same. i've looked at many threads from the past regarding the international exams, and many of them also found their exams to be the same as one of the previously administered undisclosed exams. there was one person in one of those threads, i forget who it was, who took a same exam twice, a couple years apart. he took an LSAT in the US, and later on he took another LSAT in an overseas location, and apparently they were the same. yes, like you said, that's hearsay, but to suggest that that person, and all the others who found their questions to be the same as the ones mentioned by people who took an earlier exam were making those things up would be unreasonable. and more importantly and relevently, we are not making this up. we really had those questions, RC topics, and games on our exam.

No worries dude, I'm not hostile or upset about this or with you. I was mainly trying to deter and distract people from needlessly stressing themselves out trying to predict the scale or trying to reconstruct parts of the test to guess how many questions they got right/wrong. You'll never know what the scale is and nobody but LSAC knows what the scale was for the Feb 2009 test. I meant that trying to figure that stuff out, especially by using threads about a previous undisclosed test will drive you bat$hit crazy and have you chasing your tail in circles for a while like a confused dog.

Test construction is a fascinating topic and I've been reading everything I can find about it for many years.
Here is one of the articles about developing and assembling the LSAT:
http://www.math.washington.edu/~billey/ ... Week.3.pdf

RE: post mortem type threads. I don't put a lot of weight into the accuracy of information people post in those. Years ago before LSAC started cracking down about barring discussions of undisclosed test content people used to construct giant threads attempting to re-construct the entire test down to the correct and incorrect answer choices (and the wording of each) in the week after each administration. I read a bunch of them and also compared them to the tests after score release/test disclosed. Even with lengthy uninhibited detailed discussions with tons of people that had just taken the test participating in the reconstruction attempt, every final post mortem 'consensus' was flawed/incorrect in many ways, some of which were laughable after the fact.

Those threads you found about the Feb 2009 test shouldn't even exist, I guess they went unnoticed by LSAC and Caveon test security back then to avoid getting deleted.

Like I said already, you may well be correct that it was the same test form. LSAC does weird things in mysterious secret ways at times. However, speculating about the scale is an exercise in futility and frustration, especially when trying to do it with sparse information about an undisclosed test from over 2 years ago with an unknown scale.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sandwiches5000

Bronze

Post by sandwiches5000 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:28 pm

I don't remember my answer distribution whatsoever. I don't even remember individual games. I don't remember anything. I'm not even sure I took the exam.

I do remember one q about Motown about the organizer's motivation that still pisses me off to this day because I think I put the wrong answer.

I thought the test was relatively average. I wasn't sure about a few of my RC and Arg questions. But that is not out of the ordinary.

I took a bit too long on the first RC although it was easy because of nerves and was forced to do the final RC in about 5 minutes, with the last three qs done in about 1 minute. Not my best, but not my worst. I didn't think the RC material itself on this was too unreasonable. Fairly easy.

I don't remember having trouble with the games. I actually talked to the proctor for a bit during it but I should have been checking my stupid bubbles. And yeah, who knows. Maybe I got all the games wrong and that's why they didn't seem difficult to me.

ds.princess

New

Post by ds.princess » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:07 am

The games were easy?? even the Fertilizer/ irrigation game? !!!! uh oh.. that's a big uh oh for me... UH OH How easy for the fertilizer gme? I spent a full 10 minutes on 2 questions in that game. Not 10 minutes on the game itself, but 10 min the 2 questions. That's how terrible I thought it was...
does anyone remember a LR about frogs and the envionrment being god for the frogs and acid water? it's still pissing me off.
I thought the RC was hard too:( markets = computers? i was baffled...
my friend says max 12 more days... but only 10 more till next friday......

twaswoo

New

Post by twaswoo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:07 am

sandwiches5000 wrote:
twaswoo wrote:

Lol. I had to read this twice. Go back to the first page and look at the quoted reply carefully. I never called you "batsh$!" anything. That was Jeffort. Actually, when I went back and read it again I thought I was the one going batsh$! crazy because it really looks like I said that if you read it quickly.

I have no hostilities towards you. In fact, I largely agree with you that it was probably the February 2009 exam and I commend you on your skills as a forum sleuth.

Oh, but also re: Yonsei safety. Yay Korea! I probably never would have left my crap in a pile like that in America. I would have been too paranoid. Gross generalization/false sense of security, I know. But yeah.

oh no no, that sentence (and the entire post) was directed at jeffort, not at you... haha. sorry if that was unclear..

twaswoo

New

Post by twaswoo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:24 am

ds.princess wrote:The games were easy?? even the Fertilizer/ irrigation game? !!!! uh oh.. that's a big uh oh for me... UH OH How easy for the fertilizer gme? I spent a full 10 minutes on 2 questions in that game. Not 10 minutes on the game itself, but 10 min the 2 questions. That's how terrible I thought it was...
does anyone remember a LR about frogs and the envionrment being god for the frogs and acid water? it's still pissing me off.
I thought the RC was hard too:( markets = computers? i was baffled...
my friend says max 12 more days... but only 10 more till next friday......
i'm with you. i thought it was harder than the prep tests i did (which is all of them lol)... but i think it could just be that i obsessed over my performance on each question more so than when i did while doing the prep tests, making me feel like i found it harder.

that fertilizer game was super annoying. i had to do so many hypotheticals that by the last question i almost didnt have any space left on the page to work with. and i messed up a rule on the last game, but i caught it 3 mins before the section was over, and i was literally bubbling my answer sheet on the very last question when time was called.

and yeah that comparative passage about markets was not that fun either. ah. i just feel like my score could be anywhere. it could be 180, who knows, i don't think i know any question that i know i've gotten wrong for sure, and it could be 160, i could have made deadly mistakes on LG and i couldve gotten wrong all the questions i wasnt 100% about on RC and LR.

and also - i also went to nyu lol. who was your guest speaker at the commencement this year?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ds.princess

New

Post by ds.princess » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:44 am

Bill clinton:D
what year were you?? super cool! where are you now? and where are you originally from?

sandwiches5000

Bronze

Post by sandwiches5000 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:17 am

twaswoo wrote:
sandwiches5000 wrote:
twaswoo wrote:

oh no no, that sentence (and the entire post) was directed at jeffort, not at you... haha. sorry if that was unclear..
No worries. Reading comprehension is my weakest section, after all. :P

I'm really impressed with how much you guys can remember from the test. I actually have a really good memory, almost photographic at times. But when it comes to this test I have totally blocked it out. I guess that is what trauma will do to you.

twaswoo

New

Post by twaswoo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:43 am

ds.princess wrote:Bill clinton:D
what year were you?? super cool! where are you now? and where are you originally from?
PM'ed you haha

twaswoo

New

Post by twaswoo » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:51 am

sandwiches5000 wrote:
twaswoo wrote:
sandwiches5000 wrote:
twaswoo wrote:

No worries. Reading comprehension is my weakest section, after all. :P

I'm really impressed with how much you guys can remember from the test. I actually have a really good memory, almost photographic at times. But when it comes to this test I have totally blocked it out. I guess that is what trauma will do to you.
i was drawing a complete blank after the exam too. it was only after i talked to a bunch of people that i started remembering (or more like recognizing what they mentioned) some questions. maybe that lapse in memory was caused by being 100% immersed the exam? lol..

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

sandwiches5000

Bronze

Post by sandwiches5000 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:29 pm

Do you think if I stare at my LSAC account page for long enough my score will appear?

Do you think if I purchase a magic 8 ball my score will appear?

ds.princess

New

Post by ds.princess » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:58 pm

My hypothesis: no to both.
maybe you could try buying off someone in lsac? let me know what the result it. I'd be happy to follow in your footsteps lol:D

still going crazy... and selfishly wishing others are as nervous as me

sandwiches5000

Bronze

Post by sandwiches5000 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:15 am

Ds princess, you are not alone. I certainly am nervous. I had trouble sleeping last night. Ended up going through previous 100 question LSATs and browsing through various forums trying to figure out the curve. Seriously, either way my efforts are futile and ridiculous because this won't make my score any higher/provide me with more insight into how I did, really. :(

I promised myself I wouldn't go on this forum today but I'm addicted. Oh well.

ds.princess

New

Post by ds.princess » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:47 am

Sandwhiches: trust me, you are definitely not the only one. My friends tell me there's no point talking to people on this forum every day since it wont increase my score, but at least it makes me feel better.
going crazy. I'm hoping it will come out next tuesday like you predicted:D
you think any chance it'll come out thurs insted of fri?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”