Should I buy the "10 actual LSAT" books if I'm in Testmaster Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
notaznguy

Bronze

Should I buy the "10 actual LSAT" books if I'm in Testmaster

Post by notaznguy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:58 pm

Uh, so just wondering if I should just buy the 3 "10 actual LSAT" books that cover the 30 of the older to newer tests if I'm enrolling in TM?

I have no idea what "materials" TM will be sending me, but I don't believe they will give me all of the old tests right? I heard a friend saying that if I take TM, I wouldn't need to buy these tests. I don't know how valid that is, so that's why I'm posting.

For the record, I would like to have as many practice tests as possible. I just don't want to shell out $57 for brand new books if I'm already going to have copies of most exams sent by TM. I get my TM materials in a few weeks.

Jeffort

Gold

Re: Should I buy the "10 actual LSAT" books if I'm in Testmaster

Post by Jeffort » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:07 pm

If you enroll in a full length TM course, the materials you get includes all available previously administered LSAT questions. However, you only get a limited amount of them in full test form to use for timed practice. The rest are broken apart into types and categories in the lessons and homework materials.

notaznguy

Bronze

Post by notaznguy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:18 am

So I take that as a "yes, I should buy the 10 Actual LSAT books if you want to do timed tests."

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:34 am

notaznguy wrote:So I take that as a "yes, I should buy the 10 Actual LSAT books if you want to do timed tests."
Not a blanket yes like that. Last I heard TM students have 13 full recent tests available in full test form in addition to the proctored diags for full timed test practice but you'd have to ask TM what their current materials situation is. I'm going off hearsay from students I've been tutoring.

If you do most of the homework in the TM books while going through the class and take timed tests from the '10 books' you will be taking tests with questions you have already done, so you need to make sure to discount the scores you get on those practice tests.

If you study efficiently and effectively, I don't think you need more than 10 to 15 total tests that you take fresh and fully timed under test conditions in order to be ready to do your best on test day. Timing with accuracy is not accomplished by just churning and burning through a bunch of tests timed.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”