Other Accommodations on LSAT w/o Extra Time Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
bje729

New

Other Accommodations on LSAT w/o Extra Time

Post by bje729 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:51 am

Hey all - I've seen a lot of threads about extra-time accommodations for the LSAT (extra time on the timed sections of the test), but does anyone know anything about receiving accommodations that do not include extra time? I have a recent physical injury and a have submitted an accommodation request for extra break time in between sections to get up and move around a bit, and to bring a pillow. Does anyone know if these types of accommodations are also flagged for law schools? Or if I just requested to simply bring a back pillow, would that be in the same category as all other types of accommodations, both with LSAC and what the law schools see?? Thanks!

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Re: Other Accommodations on LSAT w/o Extra Time

Post by JamMasterJ » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:27 pm

If you just asked to bring a pillow, it would probably be ok - though they might check it for notes lol.
I have type 1 diabetes and told them that there was a slight chance that I would need to eat during sections, and they just moved me toward the back of the room. Health issues will probably be accomodated and if you don't ask for the extra time between sections, they won't have to report it to LSAC

buckilaw

Silver

Post by buckilaw » Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:39 pm

Become "blind". Profit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC9CY348gvg

start at around 1:35

bje729

New

Post by bje729 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:20 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:If you just asked to bring a pillow, it would probably be ok - though they might check it for notes lol.
I have type 1 diabetes and told them that there was a slight chance that I would need to eat during sections, and they just moved me toward the back of the room. Health issues will probably be accomodated and if you don't ask for the extra time between sections, they won't have to report it to LSAC

I've spoken with several different LSAC reps and they've all told me varying answers, which has become very frustrating- the most recent rep told me that if I brought a pillow and that was my sole accommodation I would still have to take the test in a separate room b/c it was not the "standard" way everyone else would be taking the test and that law schools will see that I had an accommodation, and it will be bulked in with any other type of accommodation other people use, including extra time on the timed sections. I think this is unreasonable and possibly untrue. But anyway, you actually were allowed to eat during the test (if you needed to) and they put you in the back of the room with the "standard" test takers ? Did you have to send in the formal accommodation requests for that?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”