I like LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
sea change

New

I like LSAT

Post by sea change » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:17 pm

I like the LSAT. I like to take it, study for it, think about it. I know if I go to law school I won't like it anywhere near as much as I like the LSAT, NOT EVEN CLOSE to be sure. Partially because I just like to work solo. Many other reasons too but typing is just too damn cumbersome and slow to address them all in this mode. Damn I hope I'm still alive when they come up with some way to turn thoughts into bits, effortlessly. Not likely however; how sad. I guess though somebody who's dead now was once wishing they could do what I'm doing right now, technologically or perhaps otherwise as well. Maybe things only seem really special when they're totally out of reach.

I got a 168 last month, my first time. I'll probably retake in October. Somebody asked me today, "What is your goal," meaning with regards to my score. I didn't have an answer. I know I can break 170, but I'm not sure beyond that. 180 would be REALLY SPECIAL. I'm a little lazy and I don't have a lot of free time to study. And I have a million or so other excuses.

OK so this has gone in a totally different direction than was originally intended. Maybe at a later date I'll post about my various RC study takeaways. But probably not.

PEACE!

Jeffort

Gold

Re: I like LSAT

Post by Jeffort » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:53 pm

Okay, thanks for stopping by and sharing.

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:55 pm

Not bad for a first post. Actually read the whole thing.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:02 pm

99.9luft wrote:Not bad for a first post. Actually read the whole thing.
Probably only because it started with "I like the LSAT"

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:11 pm

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sea change

New

Post by sea change » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:12 pm

Jeffort wrote:Okay, thanks for stopping by and sharing.
You're very welcome! :)

And in return for these kind sentiments, I want to wish you all the best in your efforts to perfect the fine art of condescension. I would suggest that in future endeavors you focus on originality. Above, it's a bit blah.

Best of luck!

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:15 pm

sea change wrote:And in return for these kind sentiments, I want to wish you all the best in your efforts to perfect the fine art of condescension. I would suggest that in future endeavors you focus on originality. Above, it's a bit blah.

Best of luck!
Will do, just because you requested it.

paulinaporizkova

Gold

Post by paulinaporizkova » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:17 pm

lots of silly noobs today. i'm getting some legit laughs

ETA: OP i think your post was fine. i felt the same way you did about the LSAT until i actually had to take it. it's cool that you like it so much. hope you can improve on your 168 if that's what you want. the responses are just funny

cubswin

Silver

Post by cubswin » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:29 pm

sea change wrote:WELCOMED TO MY PAGE!!!

I LIEK MILK!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:33 pm

paulinaporizkova wrote:lots of silly noobs today. i'm getting some legit laughs

ETA: OP i think your post was fine. i felt the same way you did about the LSAT until i actually had to take it. it's cool that you like it so much. hope you can improve on your 168 if that's what you want. the responses are just funny
+1

i also related to your projected nostalgia of the lsat in LS. As someone studying for my retake right now, i feel so intimate and accustomed to this test (and yet challenged once in a while) - like having a great significant other who calls you on your shit... and you like that.

mac35352

Bronze

Post by mac35352 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:35 pm

The OP should consider blogging.

sea change

New

Post by sea change » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:40 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
sea change wrote:And in return for these kind sentiments, I want to wish you all the best in your efforts to perfect the fine art of condescension. I would suggest that in future endeavors you focus on originality. Above, it's a bit blah.

Best of luck!
I didn't REQUEST it, I SUGGESTED it. Please excuse me, but YOU, my friend, should focus on...

[searching for the right word ... accuracy? precision? What is the difference between those two again? I think it has something to do with the temperature, in terms of how to describe the difference, that is... then again it may in fact be neither of the above in this particular case. The original train of thought it appears has left the station.]

Anyway, moving on ... umm... anyone want to contribute any RC takeaways? Help me out here. (BIG EFFIN TONGUE-OUT SMILEY.)

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:45 pm

You're going to fit in well here. Thanks for the tip.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:07 pm

sea change wrote:[searching for the right word ... accuracy? precision? What is the difference between those two again? I think it has something to do with the temperature, in terms of how to describe the difference, that is... then again it may in fact be neither of the above in this particular case. The original train of thought it appears has left the station.]
The difference is that accuracy is how well something actually describes reality, whereas precision is how much detail was given. In your temperature example, if the current temperature is actually 54.02 degrees, then a description of the temperature as "a little over 50 degrees" is accurate but not very precise, a description of the temperature as "98.2346524 degrees" is precise but not very accurate, a description of the temperature as "way over 100 degrees" is neither accurate nor precise, and a description of the temperature as "54.02 degrees" is both accurate and precise. The word you were looking for was accurate, not precise.

In any case, I like the LSAT, too! That's why I teach it, and when I'm not teaching it, I come on here to talk about it more! It's a fun day when I get to sit down and take a newly released PT. I'm looking forward to getting the chance to work PT 61 and 62 sometime soon (haven't gotten around to those yet).

D-ROCCA

Bronze

Post by D-ROCCA » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:12 pm

I like turtles.

camelcrema

Bronze

Post by camelcrema » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:14 pm

D-ROCCA wrote:I like liek turtles.
FTFY.

MrPapagiorgio

Gold

Post by MrPapagiorgio » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:17 pm

camelcrema wrote:
FTFY.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMNry4PE93Y

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

camelcrema

Bronze

Post by camelcrema » Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:23 pm

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
camelcrema wrote:
FTFY.
http://images.cheezburger.com/completes ... 5d1fd5.jpg

citykitty

Bronze

Post by citykitty » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:23 pm

I really like studying for the LSAT too. It makes me happy. It's so concrete; it's like doing math problems. The answer is either wrong or right. It's so much more satisfying than writing analytical papers IMO.

mac35352

Bronze

Post by mac35352 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:23 am

MrPapagiorgio wrote:
camelcrema wrote:
FTFY.
:lol:

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:37 am

sea change wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:

Best of luck!
I didn't REQUEST it, I SUGGESTED it. Please excuse me, but YOU, my friend, should focus on...

[searching for the right word ... accuracy? precision? What is the difference between those two again? I think it has something to do with the temperature, in terms of how to describe the difference, that is... then again it may in fact be neither of the above in this particular case. The original train of thought it appears has left the station.]

Anyway, moving on ... umm... anyone want to contribute any RC takeaways? Help me out here. (BIG EFFIN TONGUE-OUT SMILEY.)
Yikes, you are an idiot. Calm down

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:42 am

Lol. Weak troll is weak.

sea change

New

Post by sea change » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:52 pm

99.9luft wrote:
paulinaporizkova wrote:lots of silly noobs today. i'm getting some legit laughs

Thanks.
+1

i also related to your projected nostalgia of the lsat in LS. As someone studying for my retake right now, i feel so intimate and accustomed to this test (and yet challenged once in a while) - like having a great significant other who calls you on your shit... and you like that.
I'm projecting misery in LS (and beyond) just as much as or perhaps more than nostalgia for the LSAT. I doubt I would even be thinking all that much about the possibility of law school if I weren't so into the whole LSAT process. And yes I know that's totally backasswards and that I probably shouldn't go. Clearly I'm very confused. It's my natural state.

(Did I do the quoting right above? If not how should I do it? TIA.)

sea change

New

Post by sea change » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:54 pm

kwais wrote:
sea change wrote:
MrPapagiorgio wrote:

Best of luck!

Yikes, you are an idiot. Calm down
No.

You're mean. Be nicer.

WhatSarahSaid

Bronze

Post by WhatSarahSaid » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:08 pm

sea change wrote: I'm projecting misery in LS (and beyond) just as much as or perhaps more than nostalgia for the LSAT. I doubt I would even be thinking all that much about the possibility of law school if I weren't so into the whole LSAT process. And yes I know that's totally backasswards and that I probably shouldn't go. Clearly I'm very confused. It's my natural state.
You could teach/tutor the LSAT?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”