General LSAT related question, please help with advice! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Winningthelotto

New

General LSAT related question, please help with advice!

Post by Winningthelotto » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:47 pm

Last edited by Winningthelotto on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Re: General LSAT related question, please help with advice!

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:56 pm

Were you admitted to any law schools with a 3.5 GPA & an LSAT score of 152 ? If so, to which law schools were you admitted ?

Retaking the LSAT with serious preparation for the test is your best option. If you feel burnt out, then consider waiting a few months before enrolling in a prep course for the LSAT.

Winningthelotto

New

Post by Winningthelotto » Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:15 pm

[.
Last edited by Winningthelotto on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Winningthelotto

New

Post by Winningthelotto » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:07 pm

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:09 pm

Villanova has had a rough few months so anything is possible. Hofstra & St. John's are possible. Temple is unlikely, in my opinion.

Check lawschoolnumbers.com

P.S. You have an excellent chance of gaining admission to Hofstra. St. John's is possible, just less certain.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Winningthelotto

New

Post by Winningthelotto » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:29 pm

Last edited by Winningthelotto on Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EarlCat

Silver

Post by EarlCat » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:46 pm

Winningthelotto wrote:Hello, I took the LSAT for the first time in December and placed at the median. I have a 3.5 GPA and good extracurriculars/internships/letters of rec, so I applied for this cycle to some reach schools and others that I will realistically be considered for admittance. After sending all my apps out by early and mid Feb, I kind of regretted doing so and felt I should have considered re-taking...My question is, did I do myself harm by applying and possibly being rejected by schools that I hope in the future to reapply and gain admission?
The answer is it doesn't matter whether it harmed you because you can't undo it. The harm you can avoid next time is applying waaaaay too late in the cycle. Get your stuff sent off by the end of October.
Also for the time being are there any books that I can read not specifically geared to the LSAT but that deal with LSAT related content (logic/informal logic, logical reasoning) that will help with me when if I begin studying again?
I don't like logic books for LSAT study because they almost without exception go beyond any logical thinking necessary for the LSAT and, in turn, students start taking things into consideration unnecessarily (which slows you down and often leads to tricking yourself out of a right answer).

mottainai

Bronze

Post by mottainai » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:02 am

EarlCat wrote:
Winningthelotto wrote:Hello, I took the LSAT for the first time in December and placed at the median. I have a 3.5 GPA and good extracurriculars/internships/letters of rec, so I applied for this cycle to some reach schools and others that I will realistically be considered for admittance. After sending all my apps out by early and mid Feb, I kind of regretted doing so and felt I should have considered re-taking...My question is, did I do myself harm by applying and possibly being rejected by schools that I hope in the future to reapply and gain admission?
The answer is it doesn't matter whether it harmed you because you can't undo it. The harm you can avoid next time is applying waaaaay too late in the cycle. Get your stuff sent off by the end of October.
Also for the time being are there any books that I can read not specifically geared to the LSAT but that deal with LSAT related content (logic/informal logic, logical reasoning) that will help with me when if I begin studying again?
I don't like logic books for LSAT study because they almost without exception go beyond any logical thinking necessary for the LSAT and, in turn, students start taking things into consideration unnecessarily (which slows you down and often leads to tricking yourself out of a right answer).
A bit unrelated, but if you're looking for extra practice, Manhattan LSAT has an LSAT themed game online. It's fun to pass the time and it keeps track of your scores.

http://www.manhattanlsat.com/lsat-arcade.cfm

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”