Where to go from here - LR related Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lawnerd1

New

Where to go from here - LR related

Post by lawnerd1 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 pm

So I'm at the point of my test prep where I am taking PT's daily in preparation for the Feb 12 test, but I am not grasping a few things.

I studied with the PowerScore Bibles (haven't looked at the RC yet, but I'm just going to study my weaknesses from it next week) and I feel like they are lacking detail in the questions I am doing the worst in. These question types are from the LR section and are the Must Be True, Most Strongly Supported, Sufficient Assumptions (the Bible calls these Justify), and Parallel questions. I was doing bad on Necessary Assumptions as well, but the LSATblog cleared up the confusion I had. I have been using CambridgeLSAT's testtracker spreadsheet and I consistently miss these types every time I take a test. I went ahead and bought the CambridgeLSAT question's covering these types of questions (about to go to the library and print them), but it'd be nice to have a reference, other than the bible, to look to while going over these problems. Does anyone have any tips for these question types?

Another concern I have recently noticed is that now that I know that I am bad at these types, when I encounter them I kind of freeze up and spend too much time on them, often not completing the section (something I have never had a problem with).

Something I have considered: I have been PTing by adding in a LG section as the experimental (using the LG sections from the "10 Actual, Offical" book) and have started to do very well on LG. Today I got a -3 and a -1 on the experimental and actual sections respectively. Should I start throwing a LR section in as my experimental instead of LG? I don't want to hurt my games performance, but I know with more practice things will start to click in LR.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Kurst

Bronze

Re: Where to go from here - LR related

Post by Kurst » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:23 pm

The experimental should be the section at which you are weak. Try spending a few hours working exclusively on a particular type of question: for example, completing 50 parallel reasoning questions in a row tends to reveal their narrow, predictable logical structure.

Objection's LSAT Tips - "Must Be True" Questions (LR)
Must be True Questions
Parallel Reasoning Conclusions

Sufficient Assumption
PS's Justify the Conclusion - 'Mechanistic Approach'
struggling with conditional assumption questions
quick help with formal logic assumptions

Other LR advice: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 4#p3377198

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:49 am

Kurst is absolutely pwning this forum for the last week or so, he's operating at a very high level.

acirilli1722

New

Post by acirilli1722 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:33 am

like the links

lawnerd1

New

Post by lawnerd1 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:01 pm

Thanks for the tips and the links. I was planning on working just about every problem of the above mentioned types (from the CambridgeLSAT website) to see if that helps get a grip on them.

In other news, I got a sweet -8 on LG today.. and the LSAT prep continues...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”