Logical Reasoning Advice Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
tmc07d

New

Logical Reasoning Advice

Post by tmc07d » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:09 pm

I have a small issue with logical reasoning. For some reason after reading the stimulus I can 99% of the time pick 2-3 contenders that always end up being one of the correct answers. But...for some reason I am having difficulty picking the right contender. Can anyone shout out any advice to narrowing down that correct choice once ive figured out my contenders?? Any help is much appreciated.

stilles

New

Re: Logical Reasoning Advice

Post by stilles » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:32 am

Once you get down to 2-3 contenders, you may want to reread the question again (will take 2/3 seconds) because it will refocus you on what you're looking for again.

HTH

JazzOne

Gold

Post by JazzOne » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:02 am

stilles wrote:Once you get down to 2-3 contenders, you may want to reread the question again (will take 2/3 seconds) because it will refocus you on what you're looking for again.

HTH
Remind yourself of the question and the conclusion of the argument. I find that the scope of the conclusion is often crucial to eliminating incorrect answer choices.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:17 am

This doesn't really answer your question, but I think it is good LR advice anyways. I found it very helpful to keep a log of all the types of questions I missed from each PT I took. I put it all into excel and kept a running total of how many of each question type I was missing. Using this information I was then able to focus my LR studying and improve on the question types that I was struggling with most.

As for your actual question, I agree with the previous posts.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”