Anyone else going to practice Saturday morning? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
2011Law

Silver

Anyone else going to practice Saturday morning?

Post by 2011Law » Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:58 am

I'm planning on dicing up PT61 so that I'd do the first LR on Wed, then half of each of the remaining sections on Thur, then a quarter of those sections on Fri, and the last quarter on Sat morning. Anyone else doing something along these lines?

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Re: .

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:04 pm

Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nonok

Bronze

Re: Anyone else going to practice Saturday morning?

Post by Nonok » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:14 pm

Maybe. I'm still trying to decide.

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:29 pm

give yourself confidence. Do easy questions as a warm up. Then walk into the test and dominate.

You all will rock it in december!!!!!

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:42 pm

In October I didnt look at any ?s that morning and dropped a -5 on my opening LR section, which was well above my average. I think the combination of nerves and mental rust did me in, because the questions weren't that hard. This time I plan to so a few easy ones just to get the LSAT juices flowing before the real thing. Hopefully this time I get the 170+ Im shooting for.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rinkrat19

Diamond

Post by rinkrat19 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:34 am

I got to my test center early (hour drive) and did some LR in the car, to wake up and transition from "driving" mode to "thinking." I probably did 10-12 questions, not enough to get bored. I don't think it's a good idea to have the first thing you read all morning be test questions that count. Make sure you've already woken up the part of your brain that absorbs information from printed text.

sundance95

Gold

Post by sundance95 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:39 am

rinkrat19 wrote:I got to my test center early (hour drive) and did some LR in the car, to wake up and transition from "driving" mode to "thinking." I probably did 10-12 questions, not enough to get bored. I don't think it's a good idea to have the first thing you read all morning be test questions that count. Make sure you've already woken up the part of your brain that absorbs information from printed text.
Agree with the bolded, although I read the NYT rather than do practice Q's. By test day you should have the confidence that you will rocks the questions.

thegarciab0y

New

Post by thegarciab0y » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:46 am

rinkrat19 wrote:I got to my test center early (hour drive) and did some LR in the car, to wake up and transition from "driving" mode to "thinking." I probably did 10-12 questions, not enough to get bored. I don't think it's a good idea to have the first thing you read all morning be test questions that count. Make sure you've already woken up the part of your brain that absorbs information from printed text.
That's an amazing idea, never even thought of that.

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:23 pm

Hmm, I'd never put it in exactly those terms, but yes, I almost invariably read something before I go to take a standardized test. (Which is something I do a lot, as a test prep teacher.)

There are two sides to this: the people who need to activate their brains before they start work, and the people who are so exhausted by the time they finish that they need to conserve all the energy that they've got. Make sure that you're the former, not the latter. If you think that endurance might be a factor, then go easy and don't do anything before the test (remember that there's an experimental section early on); if not, do some warming up of some kind.

My usual advice is to do something that you've done before (a while ago), so that there are no terrible surprises. How awful would it be to do the first five questions from an LR section that you thought were going to be easy but get two or three of them wrong? It would blow your confidence right before the test, and since you can't check your answers after each section, you'll just get more and more nervous as you go. So do something you've done before and know is easy, in order to have absolutely no surprises. Could be games, could be RC, could be LR — whatever you think you need to warm up the most. (Could be your worst section — in order to get into the right mode — or your best section — in order to stretch those thinking muscles.)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”