Already know what I should do, but would like other opinions Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
kkklick

Silver

Already know what I should do, but would like other opinions

Post by kkklick » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:01 pm

I'm going to be short and sweet. 3.53 GPA, 160 LSAT june 2010, 161 LSAT October 2010. I PT anywhere from 168 to low 170's, messed up games and RC.

I will be applying to law schools in Ontario, and from what I gather a 161 with my GPA is neither likely nor unlikely to gain acceptance to the schools I would like to go to.

So question is should I re-write in December? When I found out my score I just figured that's it no more, but looking back I know a 161 is not near my potential, I'd rather give one last shot than wish later on (especiallly if I don't get in anywhere) that I tried one last time.

After speaking with family we decided I should write again but I am just curious as to how writing a 3rd time will change my chances. FYI, Canadian law schools do look at all but only consider your highest.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Re: Already know what I should do, but would like other opinions

Post by whymeohgodno » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:02 pm

Retake.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:03 pm

Rewrite bro, rewrite. You got this I know.

AverageTutoring

Bronze

Post by AverageTutoring » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:04 pm

kkklick wrote:I'm going to be short and sweet. 3.53 GPA, 160 LSAT june 2010, 161 LSAT October 2010. I PT anywhere from 168 to low 170's, messed up games and RC.

I will be applying to law schools in Ontario, and from what I gather a 161 with my GPA is neither likely nor unlikely to gain acceptance to the schools I would like to go to.

So question is should I re-write in December? When I found out my score I just figured that's it no more, but looking back I know a 161 is not near my potential, I'd rather give one last shot than wish later on (especiallly if I don't get in anywhere) that I tried one last time.

After speaking with family we decided I should write again but I am just curious as to how writing a 3rd time will change my chances. FYI, Canadian law schools do look at all but only consider your highest.
:roll: You're re-taking and you're going to rock it. You will be a likely admit at Osgoode with a 165+ which isn't that far off your current mark. You know this. Now get it done!

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:05 pm

Ragged wrote:Rewrite bro, rewrite. You got this I know.
Thanks Ragged, definately will sign up

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JJDancer

Gold

Post by JJDancer » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:06 pm

I took Sept 09 and scored my PT avg: 168
Retook June 10 and had to cancel due to sudden illness
Retook Oct 10 and scored 167 (my PT avg was 173 on the last 6-7 tests)

I knew I could do better than 168 so I re-took but I guess I feel like just because you can, doesn't mean you will. That being said, a 7 point difference is large so even if you hit 165 in Dec, it is probably worth it to wait and apply then instead of just applying with 160/161.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:06 pm

AverageTutoring wrote:
kkklick wrote:I'm going to be short and sweet. 3.53 GPA, 160 LSAT june 2010, 161 LSAT October 2010. I PT anywhere from 168 to low 170's, messed up games and RC.

:roll: You're re-taking and you're going to rock it. You will be a likely admit at Osgoode with a 165+ which isn't that far off your current mark. You know this. Now get it done!
=D Will do, never have been so focused in my life hopefully all goes well starting again monday/teusday

KevinP

Silver

Post by KevinP » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:07 pm

Retake! And rejoice that you and a fellow TLS member shall also be taking the December LSAT for a third time and shall destroy it. Best of luck.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:09 pm

JJDancer wrote:I took Sept 09 and scored my PT avg: 168
Retook June 10 and had to cancel due to sudden illness
Retook Oct 10 and scored 167 (my PT avg was 173 on the last 6-7 tests)

I knew I could do better than 168 so I re-took but I guess I feel like just because you can, doesn't mean you will. That being said, a 7 point difference is large so even if you hit 165 in Dec, it is probably worth it to wait and apply then instead of just applying with 160/161.
That is my fear, scoring equal to or near what I did the first time, which I did on this test but at least it was +1. I just find it difficult to see myself scoring in the same are on RC and games, compared to my average just those 2 sections I missed an extra 8 questions. LR I made some dumb mistakes as well, I feel that it is more likely I'll get a higher score than bomb another couple of sections again.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:10 pm

KevinP wrote:Retake! And rejoice that you and a fellow TLS member shall also be taking the December LSAT for a third time and shall destroy it. Best of luck.
Good luck to you as well, we will be near the top this time!

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:11 pm

Definitely retake. But have you considered February instead?

AverageTutoring

Bronze

Post by AverageTutoring » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:15 pm

HeavenWood wrote:

That's too late to apply this cycle for Canadian schools. There is a soft deadline by November 1st or 31st at most schools, and a hard deadline of Febuary 1st for pretty much all schools.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:19 pm

HeavenWood wrote:

Exactly what AT said, the other thing is I already feel that the improvements I need to make won't take very long at all.

TonyStark123

New

Post by TonyStark123 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:42 pm

Hey, you have absolutely nothing to lose by writing twice since (nearly) all Canadian schools will just look at your highest LSAT score. Also, many Canadian schools drop marks, so your GPA might be higher than you think. UVic and UBC will both drop your 12 worst credits and U of T only looks at your three best years. Just something to take into consideration.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”