tilt Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
rivermaker

Bronze

tilt

Post by rivermaker » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:29 am

Any poker players out there feel the same tilt from a bad section that effects later sections in a study session?

Unshake

New

Re: tilt

Post by Unshake » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:47 am

Yes definitely, although it usually fades within a few minutes because of the amount focus I generally put into questions. On one occasion I did just spew a LG section after a bad/weird RC question.

rivermaker

Bronze

Post by rivermaker » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:56 am

Same here. It's probably my biggest leak when taking practice tests. I start spewing after an especially hard session that negatively leaks into other sections. Seriously need to get it under control. Can't help but feel like an LSAT fish sometimes. Do you always think of the similarities between LSAT and various forms of poker while your studying? Not saying it's the same, but there are a lot of aspects that are pretty much the same. For example, variance, upswings, downswings, expected value. Sorry this is a poor attempt to bring out the serious poker players of TLS. I'm almost certain there are some brilliant poker minds on this website. Hoping this will turn into a poker thread and i'll stop having to keep switching between TLS and twoplustwo.

sgtgrumbles

Silver

Post by sgtgrumbles » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:58 am

Ha. I used to play online and this made me feel like I was back on 2+2. But yeah, I definitely go on crazy tilt after a difficult PT section. Definitely a leak. How about when you luckbox and get an unusual amount of your guesses right on PTs?

rivermaker

Bronze

Post by rivermaker » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:53 pm

haha know what you mean about luckboxing pt's. im an online player as well that dabbles in live every once in a while. Where do you play? 1herocall on stars. jameszilla on tilt. itd be cool if people post hand histories for analysis or theory discussion

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hannibal

Gold

Post by Hannibal » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:41 am

I find myself tilting most often on LR. If I start with a bad LR section I tilt, if I start with a bad RC or LG I say "whatever, that's the last section of that type". Yeah.

dawb

New

Post by dawb » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:44 pm

Careless errors on LR get me on tilt so fast and hard its unbearable sometimes

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:23 pm

I hate the feeling. It's worst when it comes after section one.

Fresh

Silver

Post by Fresh » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:27 pm

--LinkRemoved--

:mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”