Advice on "Burnout"

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
hankypanky

New

Advice on "Burnout"

Post by hankypanky » Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:21 pm

So I've been practicing for the LSAT for a year -- but only slightly, here and there. Once or twice a month I'd do a section or two. A month ago I began studying with some intensity, and I slowly pushed my score up from the mid-150s to the mid-160s. But over the past week, I've begun scoring in the 150s again, and it just seems to get worse. I did LR questions that I had done a year ago by covering my circled answers -- questions and sections that I did amazing on back then are ridiculously hard now. I can barely even finish reading the stimulus before I lose concentration -- or I have to reread it a bunch of times, and even then it's still hard.

Has this happened to anybody else? Any advice on how to get back on track?

Albatross

Bronze

Re: Advice on "Burnout"

Post by Albatross » Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:14 pm

Take a couple of days off. Don't think about the test. Then get back at it. You can't afford to burn out at this point.

rjh456

New

Post by rjh456 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:06 pm

I was also feeling the effects of burnout about a week ago and took some time off and came back to my highest score yet. It feels ridiculous to take time off when you see your scores slumping, but I think the general consensus on here is that it's worth it.

Albatross

Bronze

Post by Albatross » Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:06 pm

rjh456 wrote:I was also feeling the effects of burnout about a week ago and took some time off and came back to my highest score yet. It feels ridiculous to take time off when you see your scores slumping, but I think the general consensus on here is that it's worth it.
Agreed. I took a month off after hitting 162 in June and got a 172 on my first PT since the real test.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”