Knewton Test Prep-any good? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
lebroniousjames

Bronze

Knewton Test Prep-any good?

Post by lebroniousjames » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:55 pm

does anyone know about the course?

eandy

Gold

Re: Knewton Test Prep-any good?

Post by eandy » Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:56 pm

I took a PT on their site once. It lagged a lot--very annoying.

Tuckaseegee

New

Post by Tuckaseegee » Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:00 am

Contrary to what the company wanted, this is what actually convinced me NOT to do Knewton. I found the class quite boring and the instructor to be a bit smug and disinterested. And the fact that you have to print out all your material is a HUGE turn-off.

But, different strokes for different folks! You might like it.

KnewtonWill

New

Post by KnewtonWill » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:38 am

@eandy When did you last access our course? We've recently made some very significant improvements to the speed of our site.

-Will

KnewtonWill

New

Post by KnewtonWill » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:46 am

@Tuckaseegee You bring up a great point. The trial definitely does not do the actual course justice. I'm surprised here you say that about our teachers. Many have told us they are the best aspect of our course. You can read about some of them on our website.

That said, thanks for the candid feedback! We're working on improving our trial :)

-Will

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Tuckaseegee

New

Post by Tuckaseegee » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:13 pm

To be fair, I did watch a taped class led by Kristen Kennedy, whom I found to be fairly engaging and a good teacher. I can't say the same for my live class instructor (who will go nameless), though that's the gamble you take with any live in-person or live online course.

davidr1534

New

Post by davidr1534 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:27 am

As a current Knewton student, I have enjoyed a mainly positive experience with them. Their teachers seem good to me (although as I have not taken others courses I can't compare them), and they archive many of their lessons so even if you are not a fan of one instructor you can use another. The only time I found the lack of printed resources a drag was in RC, where I have taken to copying the passages into a Word doc. They have a function to print out around 10 Prep Tests (although without a 5th section.)

If you are considering buying their course they sometimes offer discounts so it might be worth either contacting them directly or keeping an eye on their website.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:04 am

davidr1534 wrote:As a current Knewton student, I have enjoyed a mainly positive experience with them. Their teachers seem good to me (although as I have not taken others courses I can't compare them), and they archive many of their lessons so even if you are not a fan of one instructor you can use another. The only time I found the lack of printed resources a drag was in RC, where I have taken to copying the passages into a Word doc. They have a function to print out around 10 Prep Tests (although without a 5th section.)

If you are considering buying their course they sometimes offer discounts so it might be worth either contacting them directly or keeping an eye on their website.
A recent thread about using paper vs. computerized PrepTests with Knewton, along with some words from their CEO:
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=117710

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”