Temporarily on Hold Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
mattjs64

New

Temporarily on Hold

Post by mattjs64 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:02 pm

Under special notes next to the June 2010 box it says "temporarily on hold". I called in and all they said was there were complaints about my testing center to expect an e-mail. Aren't the scores being released very soon? And what would this e-mail have in it?

Thank you in advance!

3|ink

Platinum

Re: Temporarily on Hold

Post by 3|ink » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:10 pm

It sounds like your release will be delayed. Sorry to hear that. At least you know that it probably has nothing to do with the credibility of your test.

melakar

New

Post by melakar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:13 pm

I had the same note on my account yesterday, I called a couple of times and finally was told that an option letter was sent to my e-mail presumably due to a complaint about the testing site. Which is frustrating to me because there was not one issue with the site during the test. The only thing I could think of occurred before testing began when more testers came into the room and the proctors had to start the introduction again. No tests had been opened, yet one girl made a really big deal about it. I haven't received the e-mail from LSAC though, hopefully if scores are released today there won't be a major delay on receiving them because of the hold.

altoidz

New

Post by altoidz » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:15 pm

its okay!! i will hold you too!!

here!!

mattjs64

New

Post by mattjs64 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:26 pm

What kind of options would they give me anyway? Like another chance to cancel or free lsat in october etc?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

melakar

New

Post by melakar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:55 pm

Yes, I think that is what the option letter will be. Have you received anything yet? Because the rep told me an e-mail was sent yesterday, but still nothing. I'm tempted to call them again to verify my e-mail address, but I don't want to go Liz Lemon on them.

http://jezebel.com/343886/30-rocks-liz- ... microphone

mattjs64

New

Post by mattjs64 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:45 pm

I haven't received anything yet. Hopefully soon.

iwanta170

Bronze

Post by iwanta170 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:49 pm

melakar wrote:Yes, I think that is what the option letter will be. Have you received anything yet? Because the rep told me an e-mail was sent yesterday, but still nothing. I'm tempted to call them again to verify my e-mail address, but I don't want to go Liz Lemon on them.

http://jezebel.com/343886/30-rocks-liz- ... microphone
Same here. They said they sent me an email which I never got. So I switched my email on file to be safe.

Does anyone think that if we are cancelling our score but talk to a representative on the phone, there's anyway we can see what score we would've gotten?

djjf39

Bronze

Post by djjf39 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:52 pm

iwanta170 wrote:Does anyone think that if we are cancelling our score but talk to a representative on the phone, there's anyway we can see what score we would've gotten?
No chance in hell, but I bet people try all the time.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

melakar

New

Post by melakar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:39 pm

I just called LSAC and was told that the previous rep I spoke to had misread the notes and that the option letters would be sent out tomorrow.

iwanta170

Bronze

Post by iwanta170 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:01 pm

melakar wrote:I just called LSAC and was told that the previous rep I spoke to had misread the notes and that the option letters would be sent out tomorrow.
My friend was just told it'd be another 2 weeks for him

sagirl27

New

Post by sagirl27 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:04 pm

I phoned today and they said that I would not be receiving an email, but rather a letter. And then I would need to fax it as soon as I have made a decision and my score will be released. Was that the case for any of you? I wondering if I could just fax them a statement about accepting my score so that I will be able to get it with everyone else this weekend or on Monday?

melakar

New

Post by melakar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:38 pm

I get the impression that the answer changes with each representative. The first rep I spoke to yesterday told me she didn't know why there was a hold on my account but that she would 'investigate' and e-mail me later in the afternoon. Next day (today), no e-mail so I called again and a second rep told me that an option letter had been e-mailed the day before. This afternoon, I called back to verify my e-mail because still no e-mail, and the third rep told me that the other two reps had 'misread' my account and that the e-mail would be sent out tomorrow (Friday).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mattjs64

New

Post by mattjs64 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:15 pm

Is it possible that one of the options is to cancel and someone may have the option of canceling after they find out the curve because other scores have been released?

mattjs64

New

Post by mattjs64 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:52 am

bump..

melakar

New

Post by melakar » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:59 am

I read on another forum somewhere that LSAC temporarily lifted the hold for another tester so he could see his score while the options letter was being sent out. I'm not sure how likely this is though.

mattjs64

New

Post by mattjs64 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:24 pm

melakar wrote:I read on another forum somewhere that LSAC temporarily lifted the hold for another tester so he could see his score while the options letter was being sent out. I'm not sure how likely this is though.
Well I called and they said expect the e-mail on monday. That means if it is released all anyone has to do is check this forum to know the curve of this years test.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”