The last few days before the June LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jarofsoup

Gold

The last few days before the June LSAT

Post by jarofsoup » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:30 pm

What will you all be doing?

I have found burn out is a big thing for me and if I go in fresh I can do well.

Do you think this is a good idea. I took 59 on thursday and have been taking two practice tests a week since Feb. I got a 167 on 59 and this is what I want on test day. Previously to taking this test I had gone from hitting 167-171 to 164. Took 3 days off and bumped back up.

I am planning on reviewing 59 this weekend moslty the games, but very slowly.

Saving reviewing the mistakes as warm up for Monday.

hellojd

Bronze

Re: The last few days before the June LSAT

Post by hellojd » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:36 pm

jarofsoup wrote:What will you all be doing?

I have found burn out is a big thing for me and if I go in fresh I can do well.

Do you think this is a good idea. I took 59 on thursday and have been taking two practice tests a week since Feb. I got a 167 on 59 and this is what I want on test day. Previously to taking this test I had gone from hitting 167-171 to 164. Took 3 days off and bumped back up.

I am planning on reviewing 59 this weekend moslty the games, but very slowly.

Saving reviewing the mistakes as warm up for Monday.
I took 59 on thurs too. A lot of ppl here are taking it today / sat, but i want the weekend to recover.

i'm mostly working now on LG that have given me any trouble in the past, and also seriously studying the LG in the 50s, because they seem to have changed subtly - i'm really sort of plateaud out at the mid 170 range, and the only thing that could really push me down is if i bomb a LG - I rarely screw up LR / RC by much.

Good luck!

PLATONiC

Bronze

Post by PLATONiC » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:48 pm

God, I'm currently plateuing on the high 160s range. I have exactly ten PTs remaining, and I'm crossing my fingers that I'd be able to start averaging at 171 flat.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Post by LSAT Blog » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:49 pm

I would review the mistakes on Saturday, do nothing Sunday, and do a favorite game/LR or two as a warm-up on Test Day.

The moments before you enter the test center are not the time to review things you got wrong. They're the time to massage your ego with things you rock at.

The other thing to do before walking in is to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6wRkzCW5qI

PLATONIC: I hope you're taking on June 27 and not planning to do 10PTs in the next two days :)
Last edited by LSAT Blog on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dominkay

Bronze

Post by dominkay » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:49 pm

PLATONiC wrote:God, I'm currently plateuing on the high 160s range. I have exactly ten PTs remaining, and I'm crossing my fingers that I'd be able to start averaging at 171 flat.
You're going to do 10 PTs in the next two days?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PLATONiC

Bronze

Post by PLATONiC » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:55 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:I would review the mistakes on Saturday, do nothing Sunday, and do a favorite game/LR or two as a warm-up on Test Day.

The moments before you enter the test center are not the time to review things you got wrong. They're the time to massage your ego with things you rock at.

PLATONIC: I hope you're taking on June 27 and not planning to do 10PTs in the next two days :)
My LSAT is on June 27. I will be doing ten PTs until then; my full-time job is what makes it slightly a challenge, since it's not about plowing through the PTs, but being able to do them when I've secured sufficient rest and time to take them.

jarofsoup

Gold

Post by jarofsoup » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:30 pm

PLATONiC wrote:
LSAT Blog wrote:I would review the mistakes on Saturday, do nothing Sunday, and do a favorite game/LR or two as a warm-up on Test Day.

My LSAT is on June 27. I will be doing ten PTs until then; my full-time job is what makes it slightly a challenge, since it's not about plowing through the PTs, but being able to do them when I've secured sufficient rest and time to take them.
Why do you get to take it then?

zworykin

Bronze

Post by zworykin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:37 pm

jarofsoup wrote:=
Why do you get to take it then?
Australia, I would guess.

Shrimps

Bronze

Post by Shrimps » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:43 pm

They should be taking the summer test in the middle of our winter, then. June 27th makes no sense.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”