Analytical Section (Logic Games) Advice Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
karasevda

New

Analytical Section (Logic Games) Advice

Post by karasevda » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:32 pm

I took the last June LSAT and after studying hard for a month scored a 159. I am very comfortable with the reading comprehension and logical reasoning sections, but the analytical section killed me and it kills me on the practice tests as well.
Since, I am currently considering retaking it in February, I was hoping I could get a little advice as to how to better approach my studies in the analytical section and improve my score there. I particularly struggle with time and often get lost when looking at my inferences.

For study materials, I have the powerscore bibles as well as several previous LSATs.

gustrock

Bronze

Re: Analytical Section (Logic Games) Advice

Post by gustrock » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:42 pm

Got -10 on L.G in September and -2 in December. This is how I did it.

It's great you have the Bible. What you also need to purchase is the PowerScore Ultimate Setups Guide. It sets up every game for you (1995-2002). A lot of people say it isn't helpful because it doesn't contain the questions to the games. However, this can easily be overcome by complementing it with the "10 Actual, Official LSATS," and "The Next 10, Actual Official LSATs." Assuming you had the same problem as me, which was set up's to the games, this gives you the tool's to attack any game.

chewdak

Bronze

Post by chewdak » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:59 pm

Practice.
Last edited by chewdak on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

itsfine

Bronze

Post by itsfine » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:11 pm

something that helped me which is pretty simple...practice NOT jumping right into the questions, try to look at the game from a relaxed perspective and understand the relationships, the important deductions will start to appear to you easier and easier.

there are very few logic games which should be attacked immediately after going over the rules without picking up key deductions.

hans3n

Bronze

Post by hans3n » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:14 pm

The answers are 80% based off your set-up of each game in one way or another

karasevda

New

Post by karasevda » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:29 pm

Thanks, Ill try out your suggestions and see if it helps.

I definitely think practicing a few games from a more relaxed perspective may help. When I rush to setup the game, I often fail to properly assess the relationships, its all autopilot.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”